If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This video.

edited 2011-10-16 17:35:40 in Media
My opinion on Homestuck went from "don't care about it" to "absolutely hate it and anyone that reads it" after watching this.

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    @video title:

im scared.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • edited 2011-10-16 17:42:36
    (Post written before posts 2 and 3 showed up)
    Er, I don't know if you're being hyperbolic, but did you even see all the comments in which a massive amount of fans are as ashamed of this is everyone else is grossed out by it? This is not typical at all. I'm not even a Homestuck fan, I know lots of people who are and they're great people who'd never do something like this. 

See, this whole shitstorm is why I first of all lay no claims to being a passionate fan of basically anything and second of all never generalize about fandoms.
  • edited 2011-10-16 17:42:41

Fans gonna fan. My opinion of Homestuck remains unchanged.
  • edited 2011-10-16 17:43:58
    Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

Such videos are not fit for public viewing. FOR SHAME

-flags as violent content --> promotes terrorism -

THEY WEREN'T EVEN DRINKING ANY ALCOHOL

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, I don't think it's fair to blame the work for the worst of it's fanbase.
  • You can change. You can.
  • edited 2011-10-16 17:53:09
    ^You know why I support Homestuck? Because this meme. Because the cosplayer on the left is the president of my anime club, the picture was taken by another club member, and it was taken at my home state's only major con.

THAT IS OUR MEME. I WILL BE PROUD OF IT FOREVER.

And the poor security guard probably doesn't even know he's famous. 
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    That image is not loading for me.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    You get 'extreme' fans in every fanbase, they aren't usually representative.
  • edited 2011-10-16 17:59:01
    You can change. You can.
    Try copypasting it into the address bar and hitting enter.

^Agreed. 
  • "I don't know if you're being hyperbolic,"
    For the most part, I am. I'm sure that most Homestuck fans are fine people, but between the video and all that other fan obnoxiousness (that 'meme' included), I can't help but feel resentful.
  • ...WTF were they doing?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    My first question is what the heck that video actually has to do with Homestuck, other than the fact that everyone at the table is cosplaying as a Homestuck character?

They are spitting into a bucket and they consider this process to be the "making" of "Nick Cage" or "Nic Cage".  Is this name, ostensibly named after Nicholas Cage for some reason, at all relevant to Homestuck?  Please let me know.
    Nicolas Cage is a famous actor who has become memetical in homestuck fandom because one of the characters, John Egbert, is a fan of his.

They were spitting in buckets because trolls in homestuck use buckets to reproduce. Of course. this is not made explicit and it's only a sort of Noodle Incident gag thing. 

The rest is pure faggotry.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Looks like a bunch of fans engaging in really stupid behavior.

Don't tell me you haven't seen or heard of similar crap from Sonic, Harry Potter, or [other series with major fandom] fans.
  • As I said, sometimes I like how my personality naturally keeps me from becoming too strong a fan of anything. Keeps me from falling into ridiculousness. I'm more passionate about my own creations than anything else out there, really.

Probably one of the biggest bits of fan ridiculousness that hasn't been mentioned yet here IMO was the whole Hetalia thing at AnimeBoston a few years ago. Nazi and Soviet flags, and some photoshoots as such outside of the confines of the convention center... >_<, yeah, that was a big mess. I wasn't there, but people were abuzz about it for months, and I think the Hetalia fandom was a bit shaken up.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Are these guys related to Chris-chan?
    Looks like a bunch of fans engaging in really stupid behavior.
    Don't tell me you haven't seen or heard of similar crap from Sonic, Harry Potter, or [other series with major fandom] fans.

That's the kind of annoying argument that really bothers me. 

Just because it happens all the time in different fandoms doesn't mean that this particular behavior is not worth discussing. Of course, it also means that we can't go and insult only homestuck fans

So, guys? Let's hate everything, shall we?
  • edited 2011-10-16 20:27:50
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think what he means is that you shouldn't judge Homestuck by the worst of it's fanbase, because anything popular has fans like that.

Judge those particular fans, not the work.
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."
    Meh, I'm a member of the Catholic church. I'm used to people who follow the same things as me acting like complete idiots.
    Pssst, it's a joke. 

(Although I do think that using the whole "Fandoms = bad" argument is weak, but I think it's because of repetition, really)