If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Friend gets annoyed when I play singleplayer

edited 2011-10-15 19:36:56 in Meatspace
Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

My "friend" expects me to drop everything for multiplayer games with him. He knew I was busy at the time, but asked me to install a freeware multiplayer RTS. I agreed to do so, but I said I was going to play Borderlands instead anyway. Then he got all bitter about it, and the fact that I chose to play a different game alone. I wish he'd understand there are times when I just want to play certain games in single player, by myself. Was that an unfair snub? Considering that he didn't want to play Borderlands with me in the first place whilst I play plenty of other games I don't particularly like with him, I can hardly see the problem. 

/awkward social angst

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Eh it would depend on your relationship to him firstly.

However you at least committed to playing him in the future by installing it?
  • edited 2011-10-15 19:48:09
    Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

Long-term "close friend", but I still feel that we are pretty distant. It almost boils down to frequent lunch and gaming partner these days, though I may be undervaluing our friendship. I could write a long essay about that.

I did install it, yes. I do wish to play the game, but not today.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I mean you can't be in the mood to play all the time, and I assume if you wanted to MP him at a game and he didn't feel like it it would be cool?

I mean maybe if you feel you might be undervaluing the friendship just suggest playing it to him at some point, as then it shows your willingness AND you remembered the game he wanted to play etc.