If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Cheerleading, especially when presented as the female counterpart to American football

edited 2011-03-07 21:28:41 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Because if anything, this is basically band, plus fanservice.  Occasionally, gymnastics may be involved.  But guys are rarely if ever involved.  Sexist crap.

Comments

• Don't they employ guys to hold them up and throw them in the air and stuff?
  • edited 2011-03-07 21:47:21

Fanservice, you say?

(I didn't dare look at it again after the first time)

Of course, sexist crap is the female counterpart to violent crap (obligatory dig at American football).

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What the fuck did I just watch
  • edited 2011-03-07 22:13:11
    Shut up, Glenn. I've had friends who were cheerleaders.
  • Sounds like somebody has hype backlash to feminine based encouragement and fan service employed by football teams.

-thumbs down-
    I dislike American football anyway.
  • DontLikeDontWatch
  • Football interests me, as a strategic game and cultural phenomenon.
  • Nothing wrong with cheerleading. Still, it shouldn't be seen as a "female counterpart" to football. Who the hell says a woman can't grab a ball, run around across some huge field and ram into other people? Who says guys can't wear skimpy outfits and do cheesy, campy dance moves to shitty music to increase morale?
  • Confession: When I was 13 I really, really wanted to be a cheerleader. But I never actually bothered pursuing it, because I knew I'd have had to wear a boy's uniform instead of a girl's uniform.
  • What were your school's feelings towards transgenderism / non-heteronormativity (or whatever the stupid word is)? Perhaps you could've been able to wear a girl's uniform.
  • edited 2011-03-08 19:44:08
    ^^ I don't really know. It didn't seem to come up a lot, and I never looked into it.

^ Yes. Yes we do.
    "Nothing wrong with cheerleading. Still, it shouldn't be seen as a
    "female counterpart" to football. Who the hell says a woman can't grab a
    ball, run around across some huge field and ram into other people? Who
    says guys can't wear skimpy outfits and do cheesy, campy dance moves to
    shitty music to increase morale?"

I'm complaining that it is such.

There should be more male cheerleaders and female American football players.
  • Exactly. We're saying the same thing, just for a minute it seemed as if you were complaining about cheerleading itself.
  • Personally, I don't think there should be more of either. They should be playing more dignified sports, like hockey.
  • Hockey is great, until they make them stop fighting and start pushing that black thing around.

/pearls before swine reference
  • Hockey, eh? Like the Blue Jackets. Who play in Nationwide Arena.

Let's have a moment of silence for the historic Ohio Penitentiary.
  • DENVER SUCKS

BRING BACK THE NORDS