If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Fast Eddie

edited 2011-03-07 21:11:09 in IJBM meta
Discuss.

I FUCKING DARE YOU.

Comments

• Apparently, his policies are ruining TvTropes or something.  I'm not really sure though.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -clicks on thread assuming it's that joke one from awhile ago-

-facepalms-
  • Well, people do seem to complain about him a lot, though I'm not entirely suer why. 
  • His biggest problem is that there's only one of him.

By which I mean, he needs to get more people to help him keeping the site running. That way, when someone requests a new feature be added (or sometimes, an old feature be fixed), it doesn't get shoved aside just because Eddie would have to do it alone.
    Because they don't agree with his every opinion, and therefore he's the cancer that's turning TV Tropes into the monstrosity that is Wikipedia or something.

Never really saw much cause for all the hate, myself.
  • ^^Yes, I think he does.
  • edited 2011-03-07 21:18:03
    ^^ If TV Tropes was remotely like Wikipedia it would probably be about a thousand times better.

Unfortunately, that can't happen.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    He really does need a lot more help keeping the place going.

Unfortunately, the site is done in custom PMWiki code, and I doubt he has the money to hire staff.

Perhaps one day the site will just end up migrating to a different codebase altogether.
  • Perhaps those willing could volunteer.

(Though I was mainly thinking of making sure the place doesn't go to hell, e.g. wiki/forum moderation)
  • edited 2011-03-08 00:31:57
    He's overreactionary is what he is.
  • ^I've been searching for the word to describe him, thanks.
  • I do wish we had a semi-protect option, though.
  • I would volunteer for help with the PMwiki if I knew how, and if I didn't have such a bad reputation on there as an annoying fucking idiot.
  • FastEddie has a bad combination of problems: too much work on his place, and a disinclination to ask for help.
  • I wish he didn't have a disinclination to enlist help.

Though back when IJBM was around, there were frequently calls for the forum's moderation team to be expanded; you don't see them much now, though. I say the wiki side needs more helping hands. Somehow I feel he's overworking himself on that side.
  • "He's overreactionary is what he is."

"I would volunteer for help with the PMwiki if I knew how, and if I didn't have such a bad reputation on there as an annoying fucking idiot."

"FastEddie has a bad combination of problems: too much work on his place, and a disinclination to ask for help."

This. All of this. That, and he most likely hates me anyway, so I doubt my help would be appreciated.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I would say, get more involved in adding and improving content on the wiki.

Though, this is mainly information I have gotten from the other moderators.  And history has told me that there is at least one major case where Fast Eddie disagreed with the other moderators.

Well, except Blackcat.  I don't know anything about Blackcat as a moderator, other than once deleting or locking this one thread about which I remember few details.
  • Also, everyone, give me proof that Fast Eddie is ruining TV Tropes and I will show you why you are wrong.
  • edited 2011-03-08 21:13:44

Someone doesn't know what the word "proof" means.

I personally am not overly fond of Fast Eddie, but some people take their complaining too far.

• ^ Ding Ding Ding
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    So this is where some of the banned tropers hang out.
  • Indeed it is. Which one are you?
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Oh, I'm not banned at all.  I'm just savvy enough to not say things that would get me banned and I keep a very low profile.  I don't think saying who I am would make a lot of difference.

About Fast Eddie, I'm generally neutral about him but after reading some of stories about how some of the other tropers elsewhere got banned, doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture behind the scenes.

and you are?
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Nope.  I just get a kick from being mysterious.  I might drop a clue or two of who I am in the future here and at the other board.
  • ^^^^Midnight Velvet. Not banned (miraculously), I just got tired of TVTropes. That and, while I didn't think Fast Eddie was so bad, I really didn't want to get on his bad side, and considering how easy it is to do... yeah.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Oh I remember you.  You're that mostly Chinese woman, that lives in the Bay Area?

Yeah, it was getting to the point that it felt like I didn't want to add to the wiki anymore.  At least, I found something else to waste my free time on.
    I'm not banned.
  • ^^Yep.

Are you the guy (girl?) that had some sort of devil hamster avatar?