If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

So I've started reading Extra Punctuation....

edited 2011-10-12 17:14:07 in Webspace
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
Mostly because of the Warhammer 40k article a friend linked me to.

It's evidently a weekly column by Yahtzee where he talks about game mechanics more seriously and expands on statements he made in videos.

This week's article has him talking a little about the heroic adventure. You know, The Call to Adventure, Refusal of The Call, etc.

One of the first responses in the comments?

"Someone's been reading TV Tropes."

The dude writes it like he's accusing Yahtzee of ripping TV Tropes off. Like he's 'got' Yahtzee.

Christ, I'm pretty sure the Heroic Journey page of TV Tropes specifically mentions Joseph Campbell creating it.

Oi.

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Tropers generally have a problem with mistaking existing concepts/terms for ones created by the community, although some people are more annoyed by it than is reasonable.
  • edited 2011-10-12 17:17:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, and most of the responses to that comment are calling the commenter out on being really damned stupid.

But anyway, what are you expecting from a comments sections?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Yeah, I'm usually smarter than that, but something about the implicit smugness of it ticked me off.
  • There's a lot of smugness from comments sections in general, and that means it's harder to ignore it when you see that pretentiousness everywhere. Don't worry, I've gotten pissed off by that kind of thing too.