If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This Conservative article about Obama.

edited 2011-10-12 17:05:48 in Webspace
[tɕagɛn]

http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavishanson/the-post-obama-renaissance/

I'm not sure what to think of this. Besides it being the ramblings of a complete idiot, but that's besides the point.

I hate how my dad keeps giving me articles like this. I'm not going to fall for it, no matter how mcuh bullshit the GOP pushes out.

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    >References foreshadowing in fiction in what's supposed to be a political article.

Yeah, I'm done.
  • "How do we recover the American Universities corrupted by Progressive philosophy? How do we recover the churches that preach liberation theology and social justice instead of the words of Christ? How do we recover the news and entertainment media so that they create news that accurately informs and analyzes and shows that are worth watching? How do we convince women that yes, staying at home and having a 2 or 3 children and raising them well is a viable career choice? How do we convince men that they need to stick with their families instead of working their way through a chain of women? How do we remind the judiciary of the meaning of the Constitution and convince them of the importance of interpreting it properly? "

I love Pajama's Media comments. They're written very clearly and by people with a good grasp of English, but they're filled with so much bullshit it's awesome to watch them act like educated fools.

• "

It’s weird how you think we need a new President to take the Islamic terrorist threat seriously when nearly every week we see a new top terrorist killed. Obama seems to be quite good at that.

Or am I forgetting the Tea Party paradox: Obama is responsible for the 2009 1+ trillion deficit created by law signed in by Bush before he left office, and Obama is responsible for TARP despite not yet being in office when it was created, but Obama cannot receive credit for any national security success no matter how many years we are into his Presidency.

I’m an employed, educated, married, white heterosexual, and will vote Obama for the second time in 2012. I hope you all have fun hero-worshipping potential candidate after potential candidate (Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Christie, _______) while Mitt freaking Romney waltzes into the nomination. The business wing of the Republican party plays you all for rubes but they can’t possibly believe their luck; their guy is going to get the nomination with only 25% of the vote because the hillbillies can’t pick one person to stand behind. In the strange Tea Party “real America” world, one comment or one debate somehow can destroy decades of actual work. Tearing down is so easy, isn’t it?

And to all the commenters talking about how only “one or two people” booed the soldier: get real. Republican candidates always, with religious fervor, go out of their way to cozy up to any soldier they can find in a public space. But yet not one of them even bothered to thank this guy for his service. Is it coincidence that I have seen 100% of Republican politicians thank troops for service up until the time a serviceman turns up who is gay? Is it just chance that the trend is broken at that particular junction?

Last of all, you people need to drop the “being gay is a personal issue” line. If a heterosexual soldier can talk about going to the movies with his girlfriend, then Mr. Gay Soldier Volunteering And Risking His Life In Iraq So You All Can Have The Freedom To Hate Him deserves the freedom to mention to his friends that he went to the movies with his boyfriend. It seems so absurd to me that, in America, I need to convince others that a soldier should be able to actually verbally mention the existence of his loved ones and/or family, but that is where we are. You are losing this issue with the American people, rapidly and thoroughly. Good work!

Go Tea Party! Obama 2012."

The response to this?

"Brett is just a troll. Can’t you tell by now? You can’t argue with them. It assumes that logic holds any sway at all. It does not. If logic was employed, there would be no Brett. His only argument is, “You’re a poopyhead”.
    Also, the rule of single first names that you normally don’t see here, makes him a Move On Soros troll.
    Don’t waste your time."

And here we see Conservative Logic: "Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll and objectively wrong. I don't have to state WHY they're wrong, they just are."

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    How do we recover the churches that preach liberation theology and social justice instead of the words of Christ?

oh my god that is hilarious
    How do we convince women that yes, staying at home and having a 2 or 3
    children and raising them well is a viable career choice?

I thought this was better.
  • I love how they are acting like social justice is a bad thing.

Got to let the Christians hate everything!

"The death throes of the left will be bad. We need a leader to who will maintain the death grip."

Remember kids, psychopathic remarks are okay if you're aiming them at the left~

Tea Party brings guns to their rallies, speak of armed insurrection.

No police action.

Wall Street occupiers bring bongo drums, speak of economic reform.

Police action.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Well bulletproof vest stop bullets.

BUT NOTHING STOPS THE DRUM BEAT!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    dundundundun

dundundundun

dundundundun
  • Here's the thing that's been bothering me since I heard of American Conservatism:

WHY do you NEED to be Christian to be an American conservative? Is it possible for the two to be mutually exclusive?
    Silly Ninjaclown, don't you know positions work in binaries.

In all seriousness, non-christian conservatives do exist but they've been largely ignored as the GOP itself focuses on pandering to the religious right.
  • a little muffled
    @ninjaclown:
    WHY do you NEED to be Christian to be an American conservative? Is it possible for the two to be mutually exclusive?
    Don't be silly, they've allowed Jews for decades now.
  • edited 2011-10-12 18:49:38
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It has something to do with an "us versus them" mentality.

Somehow, Judaism/Jews ended up on the "us" side.

Honestly, there is little logic with such an issue, since you clearly have people who are claiming to be true Christians yet blatantly hating their neighbors.