If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

It's Autumn in Unova right now.

edited 2011-03-07 17:44:03 in General
Morgan Freeman is God
Seriously Game Freak, if the Unova region is based on the New York City area, why is it Autumn right now? It's March and New York is in the Northern Hemisphere. 

Comments

• Because Unova was the worst region they came up with so far. Even worse than Kanto.
  • edited 2011-03-07 19:55:33
    Morgan Freeman is God
    I seriously hope you're being sarcastic there, Tnoph.

But yeah, I think that 5th Gen is the best based on what I've played so far, and I've been a diehard Pokemon fan since the beginning.

The explanation here is probably that it's Autumn in Unova because it's Autumn in Japan, and the localizers were to busy rushing the game out to fix this for the United States release.

Other than that, though, it's amazing.
  • Well, only half sarcastic.

I haven't played B&W yet (waiting until its actually released here and a Pokesav comes out for it), but a lot of unhappiness and boredom was spawned from the Kanto region for me, usually with how few legendaries there were, and how little effect the legendary mexican birds had on the world. It felt like a normal balanced world without superpowers running the volcanos and the thunderstorms.

Metagame wise as well, there isn't much to work with there.
  • No rainbow star
    The seasons change every month. It will be Winter in April and Spring in May. Then Summer, Autumn, and Winter in the Summer. And so on
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I keep reading Unova as something else.  Like, some opposite to the statistical technique ANOVA.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    lolnecro haww haww hawww

The name Unova is encroaching on a monster name I have.