If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Should I give Negima another chance?

GAPGAP
edited 2011-03-07 14:04:01 in General
I hate the fandom even moreso than the manga itself, I read it once but I don't see what the big deal is especially since it is not even all that amazing. The main character keeps reminding me of Harry Potter and the harem is not interesting at all Should I give another read or should I just drop it? I prefer the latter as I had been doing for the past few months.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The harem isn't really the point of the series. Basically, the author, having just finished Love Hina, wanted to do a serious action series, but due to Executive Meddling, he had to go for an action series that disguised itself as another harem series until Genre Shift set in.

I, however, found that even after the genre shift, it was just another uninteresting Shonen series, so I got bored and quit reading.

But I'd say not finding the harem aspect interesting isn't quite a good enough reason to give it up just yet.
  • You're G.G, aren't you?

• You've been bringing up this same topic over and over again. You'd be better off expending your energy into finding something more to your tastes.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was afraid I was doing this with my repeatedly asking whether I should finish Mai-HiME, a while back.