If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Wicked

edited 2011-01-09 17:19:23 in Media
Why do people like this book? It's one of the most unpleasant things I've ever read.

Musical was okay, though.

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    I thought you meant the troper, and I was going to come in here and flame you.

Never read the book.
  • Its got something to do with witches, right? That's about all I know.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    I think it's an adaption of "The Wizard of Oz".

But then, people say Zardoz was that too, and it wasn't.
  • I haven't read it, but if I remember correctly, it's a Perspective Flip of the Wizard of Oz, i.e. telling it from the evil witch's perspective.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Loathing!
    Unadulterated loathing!
    For you face! your voice! you clothing!
    Let's just say...I loathe it all!

...yeah, that's the only song I know from it.  But it is AWESOME.

Also, I almost thought this thread would be about Wicked223.
  • The only thing I know of Wicked is "Defying Gravity", and that's because they did it on Glee.

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be the "musical-obsessed" one here...
  • We need to get Wicked223 over to this forum now.
  • Some of the songs from Wicked are OK, though I find Defying Gravity to be overplayed.
  • Eh, I liked the book, myself. But then again, I was able to appreciate Twilight when I read it as well. Reading things on their own merits without comparing things is fun!

Musical was admittedly more enjoyable, though.
  • I've never read the book, but I enjoyed what I've seen of the musical online. And No Good Deed is an awesome Heroic BSOD song for Elphaba.