If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The thing about all these superhero movies...

edited 2011-10-08 21:09:06 in Wonderful posts
$80+ per session
they have such heavy doses of comedy.

Excluding the obvious exceptions like Watchmen, of course.

I know a movie without at least a little bit of humor isn't very good, but all these superhero movies just seem like they should be labeled as Action/Comedy.

Comments

• Yeah, but a lot of the comics had them too.  Hence the name "comics".  Sure, they've moved on a lot from being simply "funny pages", but there's still the expected dose of comedy in them. >.>
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The Dark Knight, X-men: First Class, Green Lantern, Hellboy, and Daredevil beg to differ.

and that's just off the top of my head.
  • Also th-

Wait Hellboy and Green Lantern had a bit of comedy.  And First Class had it's moments. >.>
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Well, most movies that aren't super dark are going to have moments of comedy.  That doesn't make them necessarily comedy movies, though.
  • edited 2011-10-08 21:15:58
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^So I guess Macbeth is an action-comedy then?

I mean if it has -some- moments of comedy in it....
  • Oh right, the action comedy thing... I wasn't agreeing with that, I was just rationalising where the comedy in those films comes from.  And then lost what I was doing as is my custom. >.<
  • Watchmen had comedy. There was a character who was freaking named "The Comedian".
  • edited 2011-10-08 21:19:08
    You can change. You can.
    Yah, even the most powerful drama has comedy. And even Watchmen had its funny moments. 

EDIT: Gelzo, I hate you. >:|
  • edited 2011-10-08 21:19:39
    $80+ per session
    Green Latern wasn't comedy? Huh. The trailer she made it look like it. Never saw it though.

^I know. Like I said in my first post.
  • Comedy and tragedy are two sides of the same coin.  It's only natural for something dramatic to juggle the two.  Watchmen, as noted, is a good example.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Honestly, even Citizen Kane and Hamlet have comedy in them. If you don't instill some humor into your work it ends up feeling lifeless.
  • $80+ per session
    Yes, I said that.