If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Should I liveblog something?

edited 2011-10-08 06:27:10 in IJBM meta
no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
The thought has recently kinda crossed my mind of liveblogging, but two things bother me. One, I tried several liveblogs on TV Tropes and never finished any of them, mostly because I have a low attention span and a bad habit of getting bored of things halfway through. Two, choice of subject matter. Recently I thought of Liveblogging either He-Man from 1983, the Legend of Zelda cartoon, or else buying a complete set of Batman Beyond that a guy at a local store is offering for $25 (it's the three seasons but the guy is only selling them as a set), and doing that as a somewhat blind-blog (I've seen a few episodes but I was never a regular watcher). But I'm afraid the former two would come off as endless gushing and the latter would become basically a repeat of the 90s cartoons thread. So should I bother, would anyone here actually be interested, or should I not trouble myself?

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    i dunno, my bff jill
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > jill
    You could liveblog playthrougs of the Fire Emblem Radian games.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'd get Batman Beyond for $25 if only because that's an amazing deal.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    ... Jill?

Fire Emblem isn't really an option right now.

And yeah I've been considering getting the set, but well... I usually wind up buying games.
  • You can change. You can.
    Then do a LP + Emulator. You love them arcade games, anyway, don cha, Dantes boy?
  • edited 2011-10-09 00:04:21
    no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Oh man, if I could do myself playing a game while giving commentary that would be awesometastic.

Unfortunately most emulators don't actually allow you to record movies + commentary right out of the box. Most "record movie" features are actually just recording your sequence of button presses and then auto-playing the game for you.

By the way I went to that store again and was able to get the Batman Beyond set in a trade. I haven't watched any of it yet, but the packages are in almost-new condition (I accidentally ripped off a part of the cover image when removing the scotch tape from season three tho -__-) and the discs themselves don't seem to have any problem that a quick spin in the disc cleaner wouldn't solve, and they may not necessarily need that.

I also got a boxed copy of Ecco the Dolphin (so as soon as the manual comes in the mail I'll have it complete) and Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1, so even if I wind up hating Batman Beyond then it won't be a total waste of a trip (sides, I could always trade it to someone).

EDIT: Still haven't made up my mind on liveblogging though.
  • No rainbow star
    Trade them to me if you don't like Batman Beyond

I don't care how, I love that cartoon
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Watched the first three episodes--"The Rebirth" parts one and two and the one where Batman fights the illegitimate spawn of Clayface and a Symbiote--and so far my feelings are kinda middling. Like "It's not bad, but it isn't exactly good, either."

I looked through the episode titles and saw only a few I had seen before. One of them, "A Touch of Curare" I saw on the Hub a few weeks back and I already consider that one of the worst episodes of anything ever. Show would almost be worth liveblogging just so I could rip on that, but I almost feel like doing one for this series would be too much work.