If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Almost all the threads I make on here are joke threads

edited 2011-10-06 22:41:26 in IJBM meta
I imagine this reflects poorly on me.

(Weirdly, the few times I do come up with ideas for "real" threads I tend to dismiss them as stupid)

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.
    Is it really all that different to people posting specific kinds of threads?

Like the fact that pretty much all of the ones I've posted related to either games, or gender and sexuality.
  • Admittedly this probably wouldn't bother me as much if I weren't still trying to demonstrate to the mods that I can be responsible and not shitposty and deraily all the time.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    -checks-

Most of my threads seem to be about media or just my life.

Not that I make a lot of threads.

And I don't think posting a lot of joke threads is necessarily a bad thing.  You don't really come off annoying about it, or anything.
  • Make more threads about anorakia.
  • I keep wanting to make a thread about this one road where people routinely drive below the speed limit, but I can't think of a decent title for it.

You don't really come off annoying about it, or anything.
    Well, that's good.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "People driving below the speed limit"?

Because that's certainly annoying, on any road.

Unless you wanted to complain about just that one road.
  • Well, I wanted to give a detailed description of the way this road is set up because, y'know, that's my obsession.

But if I just call the thread "State Route 16" no one will read it, because it's another Central Avenue road thread.
    Maybe something like "Roads where people refuse to drive the limit", and then detail your specific road problem in the OP?  Something like that still lets you discuss that one road, and looks more inviting, because it's a problem that people can relate to, instead of a number.
  • ...Hey, that works!

Now I'm just gonna wait till I get back to my own computer.
  • edited 2011-10-06 23:02:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

• No rainbow star
    ^ The kitty face disturbs me somehow...
  • i think it's cute. :3

and joke threads aren't bad, they're fun! :D
  • edited 2011-10-07 16:30:35
    Loser
    CentralAvenue,

I think making a bunch of joke threads would only really reflect badly on you if IJBM discouraged them or if you were getting in the way of more serious, "important" threads. As far as I can tell, few if any of the threads here are particularly "important" in the sense that they are going to help deal with problems of great importance to the world as a whole, so I would not worry about making joke threads.