If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I did great at my interview

edited 2011-10-05 14:07:03 in General
They liked me enough to tell me they'd call with a time for the second interview, but a big part of me doesn't even want it. I really enjoy the volunteer work I do at the daycare and the kids mean so much to me now and I don't wanna spend less time with them. It's in a place right in my neighborhood and I work alongside my childhood friend and her mom and it's so cozy, and it could turn into paid work down the line anyway, but I know I should be practical and try to save money for college.

Also I'm starting to feel like the reason I'm so connected there is in part because my childhood was really shitty so being able to try my best to make sure these kids have someone fun to hang out with means so damn much to me, and I feel like I never really grew up and stuff either in some ways.

I even entertained thoughts of botching the interview but a family friend was taking her time to give me a ride and I'm too much of a goodie to do something like that anyway, but I was secretly hoping that I'd mess up and it would be the end of that. At the very least I hope there's someone better than me applying. I like helping at the small daycare full of adorable children that's close enough to walk to and still get some exercise, not the idea of a giant Walmart in the next city over where I'd have to take a bus at crazy hours and be around a ton of strangers. My heart just isn't in it, but I don't know what to do.

In short, I just got home from my first ever interview, bawling my eyes out because I did so well I'm getting a second.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    *highfive and hugs*
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -highfive-
  • No, no, the problem is I'm not happy about it. D;
  • edited 2011-10-05 14:38:18
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I can't say I know that feel, since my first job interview took about ten minutes and that was it, but it sucks that you're so torn over this. I hope that better person applies and you can start getting paid for your daycare work or something.

I would say that it might be more practical to have more money to save, but the fact that you're in tears over this gives me the impression that the Wal-Mart job might be much worse for you emotionally, and health should come before paid employment.
  • You can change. You can.
    Oh.

turn down the job, simple. Tell them you're not interested and give them your most sincere apologies.
  • Is the money that important to your life? Because it sounds to me like that's what it boils down to.

You like what you're already doing and it's arguably more impressive to a future employer than a job in a supermarket would be. You're going to college, or in college, so it's not a case of "Right, now I need a job because I have to support myself."

So, really, you have to consider "How much will this money make a difference in college?"

• Thanks guys. ;////;

I'll think some more about what I'm gonna do.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'd say to keep the volunteer job. It's obviously making you happy, and while I'd take a Wal-mart job out necessity it doesn't sound lie you need it.

But do what you feel is right.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Can you take the paid job and do part time volunteering?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It's in another town, so presumably it would a sizable amount of time.