If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Being interested in characters just because they're pretty.

edited 2011-03-06 19:11:25 in Media

Often with little regard for their actual personality at first. Sometimes even afterwards.

Whenever this happens to me, I get embarrassed because I think I should be better than that. Of course, after a while a character needs to have an attitude that appeals to me for me to sustain interest, but I can't deny that physical attractiveness does make me more forgiving in that regard.

Comments

• It's alright. At any rate, you're not alone. Otherwise, half of these dumbass celebrities wouldn't even be fmous.
  • I watch some shows entirely for the cute characters (by which I mean Strike Witches, mostly).

And I pretty much need at least one character in a show to be cute for me to be initially interested in the show (not that I won't like other things, just I'm less enthusiastic about starting to watch them).
  • It bugs me to watch a show with too many empty characters. (Like most shows on PBS and Disney live action TV shows).
  • edited 2011-03-07 02:39:47
    Pony Sleuth
    I don't really have much attraction to characters at all. Even in visual works. My mind tends to separate story mode and 34 mode pretty well. 

Except maybe for certain video game characters. Dat zero suit.
  • edited 2011-03-07 02:50:21
    Wat

Then again, Horny Nerds Ruin Everything should be a trope.
  • edited 2011-03-07 11:11:49
    If you're gonna be watching him/her then s/he might as well be pretty, the producers know this and that's why they hire pretty actors and design characters like princess Zelda.

If you saw her you'd want to FUCK the SHIT out of her.
  • chick was a dime
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This just in: Stormtroper has PSL for Zelda.

Film at eleven.