If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am f***ing sick of all the natters on TV Tropes

edited 2011-10-02 17:50:59 in General
You just cannot get rid of them. No matter how much you try, natters will always come back. You cleaned up an article, all was well and dandy, only to come back some times after and discovered that some idiots had messed it up again. WHY DON'T YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE RULES? They're not that hard to read!

Comments

• Is this because of the edit banned thread?
  • Well, part of it. But I'm talking as someone who enjoy reading TV Trope articles, and seeing natters just suck all of the joy out of it.
  • I believe it's a format issue. Bullet points encourage editing and forgetting as well as look inviting to forum-esque conversation. Compare this to a typical wiki article, which has to be constantly watched to make sure it not only conveys required information and cuts out extraneous information and opinions, but is also coherent.

Of course, Tvtropes is not a typical wiki, so I don't know a way around it. Trivia sections on wikia pages tend to be just as natter-filled.

• edited 2011-10-02 18:07:15
    The main problem is, the popular articles are always full of natters and the editors are just too slow to clean them up on time. Because those pages are often exposed to new tropers, who let it put in their head that adding natters are okay and continue to make them more of a mess than they already are. 

*sigh* I wish there is a more efficient method to deal with it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I wish there were a way to include natter but leave it on the side (not literally but figuratively).

I actually enjoy reading through natter sometimes, actually.