If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pokemon White

edited 2011-10-01 22:34:36 in IJAM
Mexican fag
This is easily my favorite iteration of the Pokemon franchise. Here's why:

The reasons that Pokemon White is my favorite iteration of the series so far (in no particular order)

• It's a welcome break from the black-and-white morality seen in D/P: the problem with Team Plasma isn't that its message is flawed, but that its members are all hypocrites. 
  • Increased difficulty: wild Pokemon double battles, for instance.
  • Zekrom looks totally badass.
  • N. Probably the only rival in the series that isn't a complete douche. (Silver, I'm looking at you) Probably the only member of Team Plasma who isn't a petty thug or a psychopath. Gets Reshiram at the end of the game.  Also, people love to ship him with the PC but that's always been the case.
  • Genesect is pretty much Mewtwo's foil: is clearly designed to counter Mewtwo, has similar origins to Mewtwo (but isn't portrayed as sympathetic), is also considered the "Ultimate Pokemon". Also looks badass.
  • All in all, has a far more complex plot than previous iterations: the Grey-and-Gray Morality helps this.
  • DAT ASS

The game isn't without its flaws, however. For example, everything feels rehashed from Gen 1.  And...uh, that's pretty much it. 

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    i dun get it
  • I accidentally the post, sorry.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Probably the only rival in the series that isn't a complete douche.

The rivals in R/S/E were nice people.

I agree that B/W rocks, though.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    If I ever get it, I'll get white, because I feel some odd genetic affinity for it.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Agreed on all counts.

I'd also like to add that the Pokedex entries this time around are not only the most reasonable yet, but actually paint a pretty good picture of the local ecosystem.
  • Another thing that bugs me is that the villainous teams were originally conceived as gangs: Plasma feels more like Scientology-meets-PETA.
    I find the 'we're going to fight you with animals to show that fighting with animals is wrong!' aspect pretty silly.
  • edited 2011-10-01 22:41:03

The rival in Diamond / Pearl / Platinum wasn't a douche either. He was just hyper.

Minor notes: I prefer Reshiram. Also, Genesect's Techno Blast amuses me for how pointless it is. It's like the game is trying to tell us something.

^Knowing PETA....

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    The D/P/Pt rival wasn't a douche either and neither is Bianca in this game.

Also, I'd like to say I prefer rivals to be complete douchebags. It's more satisfying to pound them into the dirt.

>Genesect is pretty much Mewtwo's foil: is clearly designed to counter
    Mewtwo, has similar origins to Mewtwo (but isn't portrayed as
    sympathetic), is also considered the "Ultimate Pokemon". Also looks
    badass.

lolno. Mewtwo outspeeds it and only needs a single Flamethrower (if that) to take it out.

• edited 2011-10-01 22:42:04
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^If they didn't turn out to be evil hypocrites, the devs would've had to add a "side with team Plasma" option.

...Actually, that would've been awesome.
  • edited 2011-10-01 22:43:24
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I dunno. It feels like they were trying to point out the dubious morality of pokemon, but to do that you'd have to completely shake up the game's format.

Of course I haven't actually played it so hush my mouth I guess.
  • edited 2011-10-01 22:43:25
    Mexican fag
    ^^^ Seriously, Mewtwo is so OP these days. Even for an Uber.
    From a world-building point, I feel Mewtwo should be OP.
  • edited 2011-10-01 22:46:02
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^^^Says who? I'd like to play a character that's forced to take a morally dubious side. Gray versus Grey ftw!

^^^They were, but they went back on themselves by saying "Pokemon themselves are okay with this".

^^Last I checked, it's not THAT high on the uber charts. Lugia and Kyogre beat it.
  • Mewtwo can go toe-to-toe with Pokemon Jesus. Isn't that a bit much?
  • edited 2011-10-01 22:47:53
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    A lot of things in uber can beat Arceus. 120 in every stat is great, but it loses some of it's value when you're regularly up against stuff with 150+ in any given stat.
    I though Ash was Pokemon Jesus.
  • Ash got turned into stone by Mewtwo: Arceus can go toe-to-toe with Mewtwo.

If Ash is Pokemon Jesus, then he fails at the Jesus part.
  • edited 2011-10-01 22:55:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    He died and came back to life. That's some Jesus shit right there.

Arceus would be more like Pokemon God, wouldn't he?
  • edited 2011-10-01 22:56:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Arceus isn't Pokemon Jesus.

He has the only position in the mythology for which that's an insult.

Ninja'd.
    Not to mention he forgave and redeemed Mewtwo.

Does this make Misty Mary Magdelene and Pikachu Peter?
  • Screw it, let's just say that Hilda's ass is Pokemon Jesus
  • Mewtwo reminds me of Shadow the Hedgehog.

Mewtwo: As the victor, I now claim my prize: your Pokemon.

Misty: What are you going to do with them?

Mewtwo: I'm Mewtwo. I am the world's strongest Pokemon. I was not born a Pokemon, but created, and my creators have used and betrayed me! With my psychic powers, my clones shall inherit the world. This is WHO I AM!

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Screw it, let's just say that Hilda's ass is Pokemon Jesus.

http://i54.tinypic.com/1ke4k.jpg">

• No rainbow star
    I thought Mewtwo still is one of the dominating Ubers, only matched by Deoxys (and also Arceus and Mew if only because those two are so damn unpredictable that it's impossible to completely counter them)
  • Ugh, Pokemon fans. What is it about the female protagonists that entices guys to FUCK the SHIT out of her?
    ^Apparently, "has a vagina+part of something they're a fan of" is enough for some people.
  • edited 2011-10-01 23:10:14
    ^^^^Aren't the protagonists kinda...not 10 year olds this time? Not that they've really had their ages spelled out in many of the games.

Also, re: Ash as Pokemon Jesus. Doesn't that mean that Ash's father is a 10' tall laser shooting horse?
  • edited 2011-10-01 23:11:06
    Mexican fag
    Beats me. I've been staying away from Pokemon erotica ever since I found all that Kotone rape art on Danbooru.

^^I think they were aged up to 14 or 16. Can't recall which.