If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

H.P. Lovecraft thread

2»

Comments

• >Not going to see Real Steel in theaters

We can't be friends anymore, Everest.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I hadn't heard of it, actually.
  • In further breaking news, I went to my local library this afternoon. They didn't seem to have any Lovecraft, so I got The Dispossessed by Ursula Le Guin instead.
  • I am mildly disappointed that Real Steel is not being marketed as a Rock'em Sock'em Robots movie.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    sex, violence and swearing

Because we all know Lovecraft wrote extensively about these things *facepalm*

Fucking Hollywood.
  • edited 2011-10-01 15:49:40
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Oh, come on. I doubt Del Toro would go the super sex and gore route.  From what I've seen, he actually really respects the source material.  But a good scary movie, like a good Lovecraft adaptation should be, is going to get rated R. 
  • There's also the fact that At The Mountains of Madness includes at least one major act of violence (the killing of the advance party at their camp). Any film would at least have to show the aftermath of that, and they'd probably want to actually show it happen.
  • Wait, what happened to Rated M For Money? I thought studios loved R-rated movies because they pull in the bank.
  • Poot dispenser here
    @Everest: Basic premise: Robots do boxing instead of humans. Based off the 1956 story "Steel."
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^Nope. The most profitable rating is PG-13. There's a reason expendables was PG-13.

And Lovecraft stories can get pretty violent... and while gory isn't the right word there is some disgusting crap in there.