If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Not enough hip-hop fans on this forum

edited 2011-09-29 18:57:47 in Media
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
I sometimes feel a little lonely, throwing out old hip-hop references that I know nopony but me even gets. Everyone here seems to be a metalhead or a VGM junkie or a scene kid (which wouldn't be so bad except I've met nobody who was getting into punk during the ) and when they are a hip-hop fan its the same deal as with anime--they're talking about nerdy hip-hop from video games and anime that I can't even enjoy because shitsux.. I mean yeah, you all know what "WIGGEDY WIGGEDY WIGGEDY" is about and probably know where the "sagging pants" meme is from, but if I made a throwaway reference to a hip-hop that revolutionized the genre by drawing from avant-garde noise and old funk music, or a rapper that makes songs about intergalactic rap battles and global destruction through computer viruses, would you know what I'm talking about? Would you? *oes to wallow in marijuana and liquor, like the good inner-city black kid I am*

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    a rapper that makes songs about intergalactic rap battles and global destruction through computer viruses

Deltron 3030
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    That doesn't count when you google the answer in IRC, Juan! >:|
  • Dude, I fucking love Hip-Hop and Rap.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Then identify the two artists described in the OP.
  • You can change. You can.
    That doesn't count when you google the answer in IRC, Juan! >:|

hey, be glad i'm listening to your heretical music instead of ignoring as i used to
  • Okay, I like the genres, but I don't know much about the specific artists. All the good stuff is underground
    The sheer rawness of Sage Francis bumps this thread completely on its own!

• ... 0 is too many. 
    1 is VASTLY too many. 

If I was allowed to murder just one kind of people,  I'd probably pick people who listen to hip-hop.... as that would guarantee that most of the sorts I really hate would end up corpsed. 
  • So, what are some good artists to start with? I mean, I should really know some more artists by now.
  • edited 2011-09-30 19:38:09
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I think if more hip-hop wants me to get more into it they need more references to superheroes and references to Chinese martial arts and mythology. =P

I really recommend the album Liquid Swords.

• Katamari + Rap = A better combination than I expected.
  • Clean your room little Billy
    I have to admit, my music collection doesn't have near enough rap as I think it should. Particularly horrorcore that's not associated with Psychopathic Records.