If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Professional political advertisement spammer/carpetbomber runs for senate in Connecticut

edited 2011-09-21 19:06:29 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
By "professional political advertisement spammer/carpetbomber" I mean former WWE CEO Linda McMahon.

She's cool and all but we all got SO FUCKING SICK OF HER INCESSANT WAVES AFTER WAVES OF TV ADVERTISEMENTS AND MAILERS AND FLYERS AND EVERYTHING last year.

Comments

• >Glenn
    >Saying "fuck"

Shit just got real
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Wait, wrestling royalty running for a government office?

Looks like we folk over here in PH can laugh at you Americans for aping us now.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    We already had Jesse Ventura as governor of Minnesota once.  This isn't new.

It's just that McMahon spammed the state so badly with political ads that people just got sick of it.

FYI she lost 55%-43% to current U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal last year.  She was the Republican candidate; Blumenthal (then attorney general) was the Democratic candidate.  If you think "well, Connecticut's a blue state", I'll have you note that most of the statewide positions that people pay less attention to (such as attorney general, secretary of the state, etc.) gave Republicans 43-45 percent of the vote even there.  So on par she underperformed her lesser-known fellow Republicans.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Isn't Jesse Ventura a conspiracist nutjob too? :)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Not that I know of.
  • McMahon's running again? Wait, we're having these elections again already?

I don't get politics at all...and I probably won't be in state to vote anyway!
  • edited 2011-09-21 20:36:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    She's running to replace Lieberman in the 2012 election.

She is joined in the Republican primary field by former 4th district representative Chris Shays (4th district) and possibly former 2nd district representative Rob Simmons (not yet running but may get in).