If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Huge glasses.

edited 2011-09-20 22:49:43 in General
Why do people wear these things? They are huge, look terrible, and usually have no lenses in them in the first place. Why?

Comments

• edited 2011-09-20 22:55:19

Squick warning

Well, if they had glass in them, they'd weigh nearly a pound, and then what happens is they press down on your ears and you have to wash the dried blood off before you go to bed at night because they start to rub into the skin. Also your nose starts to look wierd because all the fat gets pushed away from the spot where the glasses are sitting, forming a permanent dent.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    By "huge glasses", I'm assuming you mean these?

They're popular, I guess. No one really knows, past that.
  • There are people who are happy to wear stupid-looking clothes/accessories if they think they're fashionable. In fact, it's even better if they look stupid, because that means people will notice them.

Reminds me of the aviator specs that were popular in the 80s. I had several pairs through my teens. Great clunking heavy things and, as Frodo says, they leave dents in your nose and ears. Stopping wearing that type of glasses was one of the few good fashion moves I've ever made.