If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

~Essays by Anon~

edited 2011-09-19 23:28:16 in Liveblogging
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
Well now, college has come and I have been writing essays and all that jazz, so I feel that it would be to my benefit if I posted my drafts in order to enjoy the magic of criticism. Before I post anything, however, in case a professor does a Google search and finds my essays here, I will disclose information regarding myself in order to avoid plagiarism issues.

I:

• Am awesome
  • Am Known as Benjamin
  • Go to GRCC
  • Have a fantastic English professor by the name Randy Wegener. 
  • Have a charming young business law professor named Natalie Montgomery.
Now that I am more or less safeguarded, time for the posting.

Reaction/freewriting journal #1 ( ~Not enough beauty In the eye of the beholder~):

[toggle] Surely you have heard the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and almost as surely think you have properly understood its meaning. I would expect that you believe that it means that beauty is a subjective thing - to the extent that we believe that it means we can easily write off someone's work, and praise what we have created as much as we want. Perhaps you might be the sort of person who would disregard an entire genre or medium in this fashion. However, I strongly believe that there is another perspective to see this maxim with. Suppose that there are three artists. The first artist, a painter, looks at his painting and is filled with joy, but then ignores the work of the second artist. The second artist likewise is enamored by his sculpture, but thinks nothing of the painting. The third artist however, takes joy in his own work, but is pleasantly shocked by the rich colors of the painting, and then is fascinated by the wonderful symmetry of the sculpture. Now I ask you, who's eyes have the most beauty? Therefore, I would urge everyone to carefully seek out the many treasures to be found in every work and in every subject. This goes on to show that you must also strive to enjoy the fantastic and often mysterious laws in mathematics, to crave opportunities with which to study the countless ways in which we may combine words, and even to be drawn to the subtle fantasy that is a blade of grass. I feel that it is a terrible shame that people resist every second of a subject in class, and are even so inclined as to disregard an entire genre or medium. There are nigh unto infinite works available to be observed, so why pass up these opportunities? Each and every thing in this world offers you the priceless chance to be moved in amazing ways, perhaps even to tears. Looking around myself, I cannot help but wonder how many things there are that I have failed to see with beautiful eyes. Do you turn a blind eye towards mathematics? Instead of complaining about it, instead realize that it is an intricate web of absolute truths, with limitless mixtures and twists that enable you to puzzle out all kinds of things that would not be otherwise possible. Surely you would rather enjoy math homework than not. Maybe you frown upon government classes. Realize that the government is a force that encompasses the entire world, affecting every single aspect of history. Billions of lives interact with each other in complex ways - ways which you can learn to understand. Isn't that grandiose? Or do you still think the study of such a mighty thing is somehow demeaning? Dislike an entire genre? Perhaps it is mystery novels that you enjoy, but you abhor a story that "merely" describes a person's regular life. If so, understand that reality is the greatest story of all, such that a tale of a normal man's life is indeed complex, and is filled with a great many twists and turns that are very much worth your time. What if you are so inclined as to cast aside an entire medium? Then take note that thousands of works have been created within every medium, many of which would certainly be of interest to you. In the story, the first two artists each cast aside the others work; perhaps they did this because they simply never stopped to comprehend more than their own element? The first artist didn't care to look at any of those boring sculptures, and the second couldn't be bothered by the task of taking a look at one of those flat, messy paintings. Are you like one of the artists? Thus, I ask that consideration be taken to respect all works, that no chance may be missed to see something wonderful. So... how much beauty is in your eyes? More than those of this so called "beholder", I hope![/toggle]

Interestingly, the way I write becomes very different when I am doing these essays. I wonder why.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Am Known as Benjamin
    fucker stole my name