If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This sample from the Metallica/Lou Reed album

edited 2011-09-18 17:41:40 in General
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
it's... i don't even know what it is

Comments

• FUCK IT HATERS. You didn't even spend a fucking minute with getting into the story of Lulu? It is a fucking play and it is a fucking experiment by those who have the fucking balls to make this record.

i'd like one of you bitches to try an innovative musical collaboration and then see your faces if the first 30secs getting smashed.

btw to the serious music listeners: I assume it to be a breakdown, since it's the second song on the set it feels like an interlude into the mainpart of the story.

-sigh-
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Well, back to sucking, I guess.
  • edited 2011-09-19 12:20:41
    It kinda sounds like what would happen if a bad William Shatner impersonator and an ultra-generic post-grunge band decided to join forces and cover a song off Load.
  • edited 2011-09-25 19:56:50
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

What's worse, the song, or the mad it inspires?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It's like an almost spoken-word, emo-tastic, bafflingly confusing and simultaneously bland metal opera.

This is fascinating. Day one purchase. 
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I just know this is going to be BNM on Pitchfork. I just know it...
  • What's worse, the song, or the mad it inspires?

The song, because the mad it inspires is actually kinda funny.

• You can change. You can.
    This song...is pure lulzes, man, I tell ya

Also, BNM?
  • Best New Music. 

The song is worse, I can find the mad entertaining 
  • edited 2011-10-21 18:35:16
    Full album steaming on the official site.

that may be a typo, but it fits the album more or less perfectly!
  • I have to agree, that album is a steaming pile of shit.The riffs are lazy and the drums are sloppy, but Lou's vocals are really what ruin it. 
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
  • If you didn't know, you'd struggle to identify the singer as the guy who wrote "Waiting for the Man" or "White Light/White Heat". He sounds like your grandad doing karaoke and Metallica just sound like any hard rock band from anywhere.