If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Gushing

edited 2011-03-03 20:03:44 in General
About anything. Somewhere deep inside my mind it pisses me off. Even when people gush about stuff even I like I can't stand it, it always sounds like little girls giggling about some totally hot guy in my head. I absolutely hate it and I have no idea why...

Comments

• Do you feel the same way about complaining?
  • As yes, the conflict between gushing and complaining on TV Tropes. A tale as old as, say...the wireless web, or...energy drinks, maybe.
  • It pisses me off as well, mostly because they remind you that other people watched it, making a personal experience less personal if people are seeing things differently, or generally adding input on things that you have already heard or ruining it by experiencing it in a method that generally doesn't need to be talked about. "OMG X CHARACTER IS SO HOT I WANT TO HAVE THEIR BABIES"
  • Yeah, I feel the same way about complaining too.

^Yeah, that's my experience too.
  • Well, sucks to be you, then.
  • When it comes to complaining, I can't bear to hear why anyone else doesn't like it, which is why I don't find people who review things to point out EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR FLAWS bearable, which is why I quit watching X-Play (they never seem to say anything interesting about good games, but seem to have hundreds of writers to help them describe how horrible a game is), and every online game reviewer ever.

Gushing, in comparison to that, is more bearable, but only in a place where it's warranted, and not suffocating. Think "Homestuck Thread" vs. "Sugarwiki/Homestuck", or something like that.
  • Not so much complaining, but irrational arguments with no solid basis.
  • Well, yes, it annoys me when people start complaining about something in a completely retarded way. Moreso when there are plenty other flaws they could point out, but choose to complain about the ones that don't exist.
  • Kind of like a lot of the hype aversion/backlash arguments made in threads in the Anime & Manga forums, right?

Yeah that tends to get annoying, where they need to announce to everyone that they don't like a popular show and never go into detail enough to explain it. They just drop "I don't like this show and I don't know why anyone else does either" and abandons it.

It's arguing on the internet in general that gets annoying. Discussions are fun, debates are bearable, arguments clog up pages.