If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who are allergic to visiting IJBM, IJBM2, On Topic Conversations, or other places

edited 2011-03-03 17:13:12 in IJBM meta
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Seriously, it's like being allergic to teh gay.

Comments

• Do you go  to 4chan?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    No, but I've definitely been there before.  I just can't figure out how to use it.
  • edited 2011-03-03 17:57:17
    What a coincidence, neither can I.

Anyway, the point is, each place has its own idiosyncrasies, so it's only natural some people wouldn't want to frequent them if they don't find those appealing.

• They are narrow-minded, with a narrow urethra and reclusive. Like, a ropefish. All they do is pay attention to one or two things, and think everything that somebody complains about is bad and avoids it.

Kind of like most anime fans or the whole "Ford sucks/Dodge sucks/Chevy sucks" people.
  • I don't find any of them allergy-inducing, though OTC makes me feel dumb sometimes and a lot of the subject matter is a bit more mature and learned than what I think I can discuss, sadly.
  • Because you are teh fifteen Anonus-sama?
  • edited 2011-03-03 18:08:35
    I don't find any of them allergy-inducing, though OTC makes me feel dumb sometimes and a lot of the subject matter is a bit more mature and learned than what I think I can discuss, sadly.

Yeah, one of the biggest problems with OTC among people who don't go there seems to be its intimidating look, along with it's very strict policy of on-topicness. The conversation level is, generally, not really that high, but people like to throw around a lot of big words.
  • I don't mind the on-topicness, actually.
    That's why I have tried to put non-stuffy but on-topic discussions there.
  • I agree with Anonus (big surprise there).
  • I don't mind the on-topicness, actually.
    I didn't say you did, just that many people are put off by that.

That's why I have tried to put non-stuffy but on-topic discussions there.
    That's really not enough, the tone of the conversation is more influenced by the users and the rules than by the OP. And OTCers like their stuffy just fine.

I agree with Anonus (big surprise there).
    Spill out, when's the big wedding?
  • http://www.4chan.org/faq

Click on a topic link on the mainpage to go to that topic's board. Once there, you can use the fields at the top of the page to create a new thread- which requires an image- or click the "Reply" link next to another thread to see the contents of the thread. Once viewing the thread, an identical group of fields will be at the top of the page. Posts entered while on a thread's page will be posted in the thread instead of creating a new one. Replying to a thread only requires either uploading an image in the "File" field or typing text in the "Comment" field, as well as entering the captcha code in the "Verification" field. You can figure out other things by reading the FAQ.

I won't teach you how to triforce because you're all newfags.
  • Awww shit I broke rule 233, Gelzo

What's rule 233?

Also, thanks I guess.  I doubt I'll be posting there anytime soon, but good to have a guide to the common markups.  :D
  • Wow, that's some image.
  • Huh, something pertaining to 4chan that's actually sane and civilized. Who would've thunk it?
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    *looks at title*

Is IJBM2 this forum, or is there another IJBM forum somewhere else?
  • IJBM2 is this IJBM.

Old IJBM = TVTropes
    IJBM = either or
    IJBM2 = Vanilla Forums
  • Not everything 4chan related is completely stupid / fucked up, Donny.
  • Yeah, most of it is about Ponies and Futa.
  • ^ While both those things appeal to me, I'm not sure I'd like them together.
  • Thirding that. Yikes.
  • edited 2011-03-04 03:08:53
    Guess what?

Thanks to /d/ and perverted fucks, I saw it happen.

-sighs and mourns-
  • I mostly stick to /tr/ nowadays.
  • ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWA?
  • So why was /vp/ called /tr/ in the board title for so long?