If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I VONTED ORANGE IT GAIFF ME LEMON LIME

edited 2011-09-13 16:48:04 in Wonderful posts
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
Dammit!

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's a conspiracy. That maintenance guy is out to get you.
  • Hey, it's only one seat.

Wait, "vonted", not voted? Oh. I thought you were talking about the NDP and the Green Party.

• edited 2011-09-13 18:16:08
    a little muffled
    I read it as "voted" too. Which is weird, because I actually know the reference.
  • edited 2011-09-13 18:16:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Go play Deus Ex. Now.

Incidentally, this thread was the first thing I saw after playing Deus Ex for several hours.
  • Skull guns are stupid.
  • edited 2011-09-13 18:17:45
    a little muffled
    @INUH: I couldn't really get into it.
    Wasn't directed at you; you ninja'd me.

But yeah, it's not exactly everyone's cup of tea. Worth trying, though.
  • a little muffled
    I saw the two carets, I was just saying that I couldn't get into it.

I will probably give it another shot eventually.
    Ah, gotcha.

I'm almost done with it. Afterwards, I think I'll play Human Revolution before Invisible War.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    JBridge gifted this to me a while back; I'll need to get around to playing it sometime.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Don't play Invisible War... just don't.

That said, I replayed a little Deus Ex... and damn those graphics. This game has not aged well. It would benefit from a special edition.
    The visual design overall was good enough that I didn't mind the graphics.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    I've actually been doing a pacifist run of Deus Ex, on Realistic, recently. On the "final boss" stretch, as it were.
    Finished the game last night. Liked the ending I got (to avoid spoiling the unaware, I'll just say it was the Helios one).

I'm a few hours into human revolution now. It's good, but not quite as good.
    I'm aiming for the Helios ending, since the other two actively kill (insert name of big bad here), which isn't very pacifistic.
    Speaking of that, when I played, the keypad code the game gave me for the generator things didn't work, making it impossible to kill him. It was quite annoying.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just started playing Deus Ex.

I put a point into Rifles and a point into Hacking.
  • I...don't quite understand the OP.

(Gak ge OP kinumiengo....)
  • edited 2011-09-14 08:50:50
    Kichigai birthday!!
    It's a phrase from Deus Ex

(Deus Exto tumapa ki)
    @Forzare: Shouldn't you have more points than that? I definitely started with points in at least 4 skills.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I still find it strange that, for a long time, I never noticed that Gunther Hermann is German. I only noticed it recently, when I played DE for the first time after a long time again (the copy we had many years ago vanished for some reason, so there was a long time in which I couldn't play it). But then, I noticed it immediately. I mean, it's obvious with the accent and all.

I blame my, back then a bit more lacking, English skills, which made me unable to notice accents.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    @Forzare: I would put stuff into pistols if I were you. You can get one that basically functions as a sniper rifle really early on.
    ^^ I wouldn't call those accents as much as vague approximations of what accents could sound like. Especially the "Australian" barkeeper in Hong Kong.

Anyhow, finished my pacifist run. Ended with maxed out Cloak, Regeneration, and Power Recirculator. Best combo ever.
    ^^Yeah, that's definitely better. Especially because the game actually gives you some pistol ammo.

Wait until you get the stealth pistol before putting the scope on, though.
  • This reminded me of how much I want Human Revolution.