If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Using this board in Internet Explorer 8

edited 2011-03-03 00:31:27 in IJBM meta
It does all sorts of crazy things.  I couldn't start a new conversation until I got Google Chrome.

What's up with that?

Comments

• Internet Explorer is losing the ability to become a functioning part of browser society.

It's time to put the old Blue E down.
  • GAPGAP
    edited 2011-03-03 14:33:46

my computer is not that big but some places are just plain slowing my browser down. I think it may be somethign else but IE is starting to suck for me. I need a new computer entirely as well as new browser.

Edit: Not to mention it cannot load the scripts on this site properly.

• I was going to use Internet Explorer to try to make a post here saying "really?  It seems to work for me."

Then when I clicked on the reply box Internet Explorer crashed.

So I guess Internet Explorer really doesn't work on this site.

Or at all.

Nobody should be using Internet Explorer anyway.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This is exactly the problem that I discovered involving IE.  It crashes when trying to post.

Get Firefox, Chrome, or Epiphany.  I've personally confirmed that all of them work.
  • edited 2011-03-03 14:53:13

Oh, amusingly, when I posted that message (with Firefox), this happened.

That is, the first time I clicked "Post Comment" it just duplicated the
    reply box into the spot where my post should have been...

Oh, and Opera also works, if you'd prefer to use that.

I've seen that bug before but don't remember how to trigger it.
  • You hit the edit button
    You hit the edit button and do some other things.
  • Too bad I can't download Chrome or FF froma library computer.

I wonder why no one's tried to make a site where you can browsw the web with firefox/chrome/opera/something other than IE through IE....that probably only made sense in my mind...

• Too bad I can't download Chrome or FF froma library computer.
    Do they have available USB ports?
  • «I wonder why no one's tried to make a site where you can browsw the web with firefox/chrome/opera/something other than IE through IE....that probably only made sense in my mind...»

Google Chrome Frame does exist.
  • edited 2011-03-21 17:56:11

• Yes, but I lost my USB drive a long time ago.

Also:

HOLY FUCK IE STOP CRASHING EVERY FIVE SECONDS

MICROSOFT IS A MUTLI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY

HOW CAN THEY NOT BUILD A GOOD BROWSER FOR FUCKS SAKE<\b>
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I always like when people post screencaps just like DYRE did because I can see what tabs they have oppened.
  • edited 2012-07-22 16:36:24

• edited 2011-03-21 18:08:47
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Aww, I missed it too. :(

On-Topic: Chrome is nice. So was Firefox, until it stopped playing videos.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    It was just some threads here and in Tv Tropes.

Now I feel bad. I didn't want to bother DYRE
  • No rainbow star
    I tried it before as well

I have managed to post on it. It is just bloody difficult and you need to wait about 5 minutes for the damn thing to finish, then refresh the page to see your post
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes

Hm, I can view this site just fine on Internet Explorer 9.

• Confession: I like letting people see what tabs and programs I have open, which is why I never crop my screenshots before uploading them.
  • ^ Me, too.

I even tried to get people to play "name the taskbar icons" once. Go on, name 'em!
  • edited 2011-03-21 18:45:39
    Start button, Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, Microsoft Word, iTunes, Excel, PowerPoint, Notepad++, GIMP, MPC (or rather, MPC-HC), dunno about the last two, though I have definitely seen the last one before.
  • Those last two always stump people...

[Foxit Reader] and [Inkscape]
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Go on, name 'em!

Ponies? What a surprise.
  • I bet my wallpaper would be even less surprising!
  • edited 2011-03-21 18:56:51
    I was actually gonna have my Firefox window open covering that (so you could see my tabs), but I figured I would just use the same screenshot I made for the Desktops thread in Yack Fest.

^ Is it...lolis?
  • Indeed.  It's this picture.

Though, I've been using this wallpaper for a few months now, so I think I should change it to something else.
  • I used to leave my wallpaper for like 6 months at a time, but I've been changing it a lot more often in the past month or so.

Probably because I used to use photos I'd taken, and I only had a few good ones, but now I just use whatever my current obsession happens to be.
  • ^Lol.

Just downloaded IE 9 and... Hey it works here!.  =8D

It also seems suspiciously similar to Google Chrome... :P