If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This Fox News Video

edited 2011-01-09 12:03:28 in General

Why why why

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!
    -Looks at title-

I've seen everything I needed to saw.
  • Yes, but......this is unusually........insane.
  • Well, I've seen it all.

Its been fun, but I have nothing left to live for.
  • Sidenote: This isn't a Fox News video.  Fox News is a national network.  You can see from the 59 that this is a local Fox affiliate.
  • I don't understand the difference.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    As in, it's not Fox News themselves who are responsible, but an affliated broadcasting company who produce local news.
  • Although WXIN bears the name «Fox 59», it is actually owned by the Tribune Company, owners of the Chicago Tribune and Los Angeles Times.

In general, local stations, even those owned by the company they're affiliated with, are going to be locally run, and it's a completely different group of people who ran this(or, say, that «hackers on steroids» video) than who run Fox News.
  • Right,. Do they not have any responsibilities towards Fox News though, like getting a sign-off on pieces like this?
  • Getting a sign-off from News Corp. for every story(since it's hard to say which pieces would end up being like...this one) would make it pretty much impossible to have a piece like this simply because of how much bureaucracy it would introduce.

That said, if it got to the attention of higher-ups in News Corp. or the Tribune Company, they could probably do something.
  • Ah, okay. Well, I took this from Americans calling it Fox News, so, eh :)
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    I don't need to see anything else after having read the title of that video.
  • After actually watching it, the video doesn't seem that bad.
  • Yeah, the title is the uploader's satire of it.
  • Of course it's a Fox station airing this. You can't beat that network's stations when it comes to scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Also, Poni, when did you turn into me?
  • Anonus: I used Wikipedia to get the specific information.