If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

'LUCAS IS RUINING THE TRILOGY! AGAIN!'

edited 2011-09-08 00:09:29 in Webspace
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
Oi. The amount of surprise and artificial outrage every time Lucas makes another dumb tweak to the movies is just annoying.

It shouldn't surprise you by now, and we know the majority of you are going to buy the damn Blu-rays anyways because it's Star Wars and you couldn't dream of living without your security blanket.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Don't the blu-rays come with the unedited version anyway?
  • edited 2011-09-08 00:13:32
    I honestly never saw what was so bad with most of the changes. Even digitally editing Hayden Christianwhatever into Episode VI made some sort of sense, even though I greatly preferred the older actor (who's name I never learned).
  • edited 2011-09-08 00:12:45
    ^^I'm pretty sure they will when they come out.

Which is as it should be. I mean there are five different versions of Blade Runner. If Ridley Scott deserves to muck his movie around, Lucas deserves the same privilege regardless of the quality of the final result.

So long as the original remains available, obviously.
  • I'm actually not sure, are changes like this and this actually real or fake?
  • You can change. You can.
    Yes, they are.

Question: Did the original cuts get the Blu Ray upgrade?
  • edited 2011-09-08 00:19:04
    Dunno. I'm just annoyed at the hollow 'boycotts' people are calling.

I also like the idea of boycotts but singed obsessives have just thrown the word around too much and not followed through.

^Not sure. One would think so, though.
    Those changes are legit, actually.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    They.... don't feel with anger.
    I feel like boycotts should be reserved for stuff like "it turns out this company uses mistreated slaves to harvest its products," lest they become associated with fanboy silliness.
    I feel that people should just calm the fuck down and spend their money on whatever the hell they want. And if they don't want Star Wars, then don't make such a big deal about it, geez
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^Oh by all means, if this upsets you don't buy it, but don't attach some artificial 'cause' to your refusal to do so.

I mean I hate the Devil May Cry revamp and am not buying it, but it's not a boycott. It's me refusing to purchase a product I don't want.
  • $80+ per session
    I'm starting to feel that way about a lot of capcom stuff.
    I don't hate Capcom. I'm a bit annoyed, though, that they keep cancelling everything I'd consider buying from them.
    I don't hate creators for doing whatever the hell they want with their work.

Kinda like being mad with a dog for not being a cat. 
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I feel this is different, though. I mean, there's editing a work and then there's this. Some edits are better than others. Some contribute. Some don't. But very few make otherwise tense moments completely hilarious.

Personally, I don't really care about the CGI additions to the OT, but these are bad edits. They don't need to be in Star Wars to be bad, or even from a film with any kind of reputation. George Lucas shouldn't get out of criticism because Star Wars is his or because fanboys whinge over everything. He should be criticised when he does something bad because it's bad.

The edits that have drawn attention detract from otherwise good scenes. Obi Juan's krayt dragon call now sounds like my older brother when he's being hilarious, and the whole DO NOT WANT thing ruins the way that scene conveyed Darth Vader's emotions through an expressionless mask. These kind of things don't require context, a fandom or anything of the sort. They're simply bad cinema.

And then it's worse, because it's actually good cinema made bad.
    Again, I never said these edits don't deserve scorn, but the idea that I should be pissed at Lucas for further ruining his movies is kinda like being mad at a dog for not being a cat. Or being mad at a tornado for not being an hurricane.

In other words, it's like being mad at nature, and it's fruitless
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Well, i mad because for me, the Luke/Vader sections of RotJ are the most powerful examples of that kind of confrontation I can think of.
    Welp, it does bother me, but I can ignore that change and go watch the original version.