If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Businesses with "King" in the name that don't have a king mascot.

edited 2011-03-01 01:04:26 in Meatspace
King Soopers does, why don't you, lazy-asses?

(On a more serious note, does KING-TV in Seattle count as a business? They used to have King Mike, but they retired him)

Comments

• King Soopers has a king mascot? Now I'm jealous of your stupidly-named Kroger stores.
  • O U 2
  • we r so clever
  • Ah jeez, I just started reading this in our avatars' voices.
  • Then this is officially the best thread ever.
  • Kings need crowns, bro. Or else they are lords.
  • King Soopers has a crown.
  • edited 2011-03-01 01:45:41
    Kroger doesn't, though! Kroger doesn't even have a mascot, anymore!

*throws childish temper tantrum at Kroger corporate headquarters*

Edit: Oh, now that's hilarious with the avatar.
  • Though King Soopers isn't much of a mascot, all he shows up on is the employees' ID cards.
  • edited 2011-03-01 01:57:33
    Clearly the correct move is for CA Marketplace to buy King Soopers and re-introduce the eponymous King as the mascot in all their branding!

Wait, this isn't the Trash Heap...
  • If that happens, then I'm dropping everything and buying WSYX from Sincrap.
  • Someone needs to start a MLP:FiM roleplay thread.
  • I read that as "Someone needs to start a MLIP roleplay thread. "

By MLIP, I assumed you meant My Life Is Ponies
  • Well mine was, for much of the last week.
  • edited 2011-03-01 02:07:16
    Same here.

(It's getting to the point where any post by AU or I should be assumed to come with a "same here" from the other)
  • So, to test...

Something-or-other.
  • How would you even go about that?
  • edited 2011-03-01 19:04:32
    CA Marketplace to Purchase King Soopers

COLUMBUS, Ohio – CA Marketplace corporate princess Central Avenue announced today his intent to purchase the King Soopers chain of Colorado grocery stores from Cincinnati-based Kroger Co. "Kroger's a great store and all, " Avenue said Tuesday afternoon. "But they have a king mascot and they don't use him. That should be, like, punishable by death or something. But it's not, so I'll just, like, buy the chain and start putting the king in their advertising."

When notified that the King Soopers chain is not for sale, and Kroger would have no logical reason to sell a profitable business, Avenue replied, "Bitch, I have Princess Magic! That store's as good as mine!"

The sale is expected to close at some point in this admittedly vague timeline.

(That was a pain to format correctly.)

• edited 2011-03-01 18:16:37
    Anonymous User "Drops Everything", Makes Intent To Purchase Ohio Station Known

March 1, 2011

DENVER - The owner of ABC, Anonymous User, has expressed an intention to purchase WSYX, the network's affiliate in Columbus, Ohio, from the Sinclair Broadcast Group, in reaction to his online friend from the area's purchase of local grocery chain King Soopers.

He has no further comment at the moment.