If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My longest running thread just got locked

edited 2011-09-03 12:12:11 in Webspace
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=c2bz9ycq3x57vklrvbha84mu&page=1

Granted, I made it back when I was still dumb, and I haven't read it for months, but still.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Being off-topic is a stupid reason to lock a thread, unless it's a temp lock.
  • You can change. You can.
    Heh, it's weird seeing a Bon Sequitur post. 

^Yeah. I know it's on topic conversations, but to not ask for a rerail is annoying.
  • edited 2011-09-03 14:18:49
    No rainbow star
    ...Why not start it back up here? :D

I know I've heard insane troll logic back when I talked with a father of the church about God
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It annoys me that it wasn't actually off-topic. It just seems like Madrugada wanted a reason to lock it. 

Also, here's some high grade derp logic for ya:

• Insane troll logic is always going to be controversial because it's quite easy for anyone who doesn't like anything to just say that the logic behind its arguments is crazy. There are logical flaws in most arguments.

I'm currently dealing with a case at work where a lady is claiming that, despite the fact that on the face of the legal documentation she sold her house to her boyfriend for money, in fact it was a put-up job and no money changed hands. What probably tips this into insane troll logic is not only that the evidence is against her but that it basically amounts to her admitting that they defrauded the mortgage company to win another point.

• BeeBee
    edited 2011-09-03 16:31:11
    I think what Maddy was getting at is that it was turning into less "post stupidly silly things you've heard" and turned more into "tell us how much you hate religion."  Which frankly OTC already has like 20000 threads on.
  • <- notinb4thelock
  • You can change. You can.
    ^^ Still, it woulda been nice if she hadn't locked the thread and forced a rerail.
  • This reminds me of when my longest-running thread got locked.
  • edited 2011-09-03 20:02:29

^lol.

I have often scanned the list and thought.  Jeez, another one?  What went wrong THIS time.

Lately it seems there's been yet another push to get stricter on OTC as well as the main pages, banning people for a single mistake and Madrugada said that several bonked comments is sufficient to consider a thread officially derailed.