If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Getting really into something...

edited 2011-02-28 22:03:30 in Meatspace
...and then losing interest in it.

It feels real weird.

Comments

• -List-
    * Ur-Quan Masters
    * Hisoutensokyo
    * Final Fantasy VII
    * Forbidden Memories
    * Webcomics
    * The Seraph Inn
    * Gaiaonline
    * The Forum Lust Game
  • Is this thread pony-inspired at all?
  • -Sonic The Hedgehog (EVERYTHING to do with Sonic the Hedgehog)

-Pink Floyd

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Fight Club

-The Big Lebowski

-The Beatles

-Metal Gear Solid

-And much much more.

But I still maintain an appreciation for all of these.

• edited 2011-02-28 22:12:31
    I remember being a Sonic fanboy too. Then I didn't touch the franchise for four years.

Since then:

-Super Mario Bros.

-Space Ghost Coast To Coast

-Happy Tree Friends

-Banjo-Kazooie

-Homestuck

-My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

(though I am still into them to some degree)
    • Chuck
    • Doctor Who
    • Retrogaming
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • Homestuck
  • I'll admit that My Little Pony has become ridiculously over-hyped. It's a great show, but, come on.
  • edited 2011-02-28 22:22:43
    Blame how well it compares to its original incarnations. There's always a certain novelty in that situation.
  • It's only overhyped on the internet.

And I was not trolling on /co/ Gelzo.

That was somebody else.
  • There just happened to be a tripfag named Tnophelia?
  • Every few months I try to get into one of those Iron Realms online RPs, but I always lose interest a week or so later.

• That's what happened when I tried to play World of Warcraft.
  • edited 2011-02-28 22:32:33
    Here's how it works for me at least. And I'm willing to bet it works like this for Anonus, too:

You try a piece of media. You enjoy it, so you seek out more. If it's something with a substantial fanbase, even better, because you'll have other people to talk about it with. So you talk about it more and you watch it more and you think about it more.

Then it starts invading your thoughts. You find yourself thinking of putting things in your pocket as "captchaloguing" and you start wondering what your cutie mark would be. Eventually it gets to the point where it's almost what you think about by default.

And then...you've had enough. It's too pervasive in your mind, so you back off for a while. You change your desktop back to that picture of Cincinnati, you change your avatar back to Princess Belle, and you move on.

But the interest never really goes away. Once an obsessive fanboy, always an obsessive fanboy. Just not to the same extent.

Until the next thing comes along.
  • It really does invade your idle thoughts. I've had Umbral Ultimatum stuck in my head for the longest time.

• I was like that with SGC2C, yeah. Except that doesn't seem to have a giant fanbase, unfortunately.

(Though I have wondered what my cutie mark would be, yeah)
  • That's the great part about being human, you can just get whatever tattoo on your ass that you want. 
  • Yeah, I am banned from /co/ for pony shit. There is somebody else tripfagging with my name to annoy me.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I know I get into stuff slowly because I really get into stuff, one at a time.
  • Wait nevermind I am not banned anymore
  • I think that happened to me with Pokemon. Probably the best example would be Civilization, which I stopped playing simply because it was so addictive and time-consuming.

As for ponies, fads fail to interest me by themselves.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Holy crap your avatar is Omega.