If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Threads getting deleted for stupid reasons

BobBob
edited 2011-09-01 23:14:15 in IJBM meta
Can't you just lock and subsequently sink them?

I really liked that hostess donut one, too. :<

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    None of them was deleted.
  • edited 2011-09-01 23:15:52
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • Forzare:

Can't you just lock and subsequently sink them?

INUH: Really? Huh. What happened to them? I keep getting errors saying they don't exist.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I deleted the bumping posts, which should return the thread to where it was. A link to that post would probably break.
  • *tests the same thing on AU's forum*

*the thread remains at the top*

...I don't understand Vanilla at all.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-09-01 23:21:18
    Ooohh. Okay. Nevermind.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Sinking a thread means that they cannot be bumped, CA.
  • edited 2011-09-01 23:33:58
    I didn't sink it, I bumped an old thread with a new post and then deleted the new post.

If it worked like it apparently does here, then the thread should have gone back to where it was before i bumped it.

But since we're apparently running different versions of the software, it doesn't do that.
  • They're somethin' else.
    So, what just happened?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I do not know if that's how it works here.
  • edited 2011-09-01 23:35:57
    Poot dispenser here
    ^^Bob decided that, with the return of Chagen, to bump every thread he made before getting banned and linking them all together.
  • ^^ It is, as INUH just demonstrated
    Let me check then.
  • Wrong. I decided that with the return of Chagen, I'd bump every thread with "Chagen" in the title and link them together. Later, to piss off RocketDude, I decided to bump a few threads (nowhere near every because srsly that's not even possible WTF) Chagen made before getting banned and link them together. Get it right, jerk.

...Also, sorry about that.
    Yeah, that is how it works here.

Please do not do that, Bob.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^
  • Jeez, obviously I know not to do it now. >:/
  • You were screwing around while I was sleeping, CA?
  • You can change. You can.
    tee hee
  • ^^ You didn't notice the thread on the front page with the "last post" date of June 20?
  • (looks)

Oh wait. Now I do.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Sinking a thread means that they cannot be bumped, CA.

So, it's like a "sage" in image boards, only permanent?
  • eXEPT SAGE DOESN'T DO ANYITNHG.
  • edited 2011-09-02 07:03:50
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Well, a mod can unsink a sunk thread, but essentially it is saging, yes.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So if I make a sockpuppet and it's email is sage....