If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Bastion's ending

2»

Comments

• edited 2012-12-04 01:19:57
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Hmm. That could be another challenge for me to try, along with "beat the whole game in one sitting" and "play every level with a random loadout".

And the Carbine is probably the weapon with the shortest time between 'obtain' and 'master the nuances of', at least from what I remember.

• What, faster even than the Hammer? Which is basically "smash stuff"?
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

What loadouts would you guys recommend for getting the "beat Who-Knows-Where with 10 idols" achievements? I just cleared the Stranger's Dream, 5 idols, with Mortar (max blast radius, immunity to self-damage), Carbine (max firing speed, armor-piercing), and Mirror Shield.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I finished the game.

Yeah.

That was pretty great.
  • Blueeyerat: Apparently, Calamity Cannon and Mortar, according to my sources.

• edited 2012-12-08 00:09:05
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Ehh... I'm not so sure. I tried the Cannon, but even with the tracking upgrade, the self-damage is too problematic, especially when enemies get all up in your grill. That, and I'd at least one weapon that can pierce armor (so I can deal with Stinkeyes, Wallflowers, and Lunkheads quickly). Bellows, upgraded pike or carbine, something like that.

I do love what Rucks has to say about the cannon/mortar combo, though.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Okay, beat all of the 10-idol challenges. Mortar and Bellows did the trick-- swapped blast radius for damage and reload speed; proceeded to wreck everything. Bellows worked for armored stuff, and to score some hits on enemies that got too close while the mortar was reloading. I also had Mirror Shield in case things went sour, but I don't think I used it much if at all.