If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Clothing at the Oscars (and other glitzy formalwear events)

edited 2011-02-27 20:21:55 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Every guy is wearing a tux, a black suit with a black bow tie and a white shirt inside.  Every lady is wearing some solid-color long dress and earrings, and many of them have their hair down and wavy.

There is practically ZERO display of any personality.  So, basically, all I see is a bunch of generically elegantly dressed females and a bunch of generically spiffily dressed males.  With jack schitt for distinguishing characteristics.

Not to mention the very annoyingly high sexual dimorphism as well.  If it's black, it's a man; if it's any other color it's a woman.  T-shirt and jeans can be spotted on high-school boys and high-school girls, while I have to put up with this nonsense for the freakin' Academy Awards?

To those people at the Oscars: Your celebrity world sucks, your fashion sense sucks, and you should all feel bad.

Comments

• It's true, Jack Schitt is the only celebrity ever that displays any originality at these things. Shame.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Has Mr. Schitt ever won any Oscars or Grammies?
  • Nope. Shame, too, because he's just amazing. But, I guess that's just how it goes.
  • At least women wear colored things.

I wish formal clothing for guys was more colorful and varied and... not boring.
  • There's always dying or just making the clothes yourself. Or paying someone else to do it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    But then people have freakin' dress codes.  Such as senior photos.

We were allowed to wear anything standardly allowed for our high school photos, until we were seniors.  Then we had to come dressed formally.  That really sucked.
  • Lady Gaga wore something norma-

Academy Awards.