If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A New Star Trek Series?

edited 2011-08-26 01:27:45 in Media
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/24/david-foster-gives-details-on-his-new-star-trek-series-pitch.html

tl:dr

>>new star trek series being pitched
>>"series concept is fully developed, subject to change of course, with a solid 5-7 year series plan, pilot script and a conceptualized finale"
>>"
set in the post-Voyager era"
>>designed to return Star Trek to its original series roots in big and mighty ways, without disregarding the other series and movies
>>"The series is highly energized with a much younger cast, and uses cutting-edge future technologies with newly envisioned special effects and designs."
>>"Klingons, Ferengi, Andorians, Vulcans, Trill, and many more"

I think this could be pretty cool, assuming it gets greenlit.  It would be the first Star Trek TV series running during a time when I actually care about Star Trek, and given the huge success of JJ Abrams's continuity reboot, I think CBS will be much more inclined to greenlight it than they would have three years ago.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• No rainbow star
    Nerdgasm

That is all
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Pretty much my reaction.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I am interested. After Voyager, what is the new final frontier? Since they claim to be returning to the roots, perhaps the new series will be an answer to that question.
  • edited 2011-08-26 08:13:02
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That's a good question. Outside the galaxy, maybe? Have they done that? Other than that one original series episode where they found the edge of the galaxy.

Maybe kind of a reverse DS9. A wormhole or something opens to another galaxy, and the Enterprise-Q or whatever goes through it to explore and teach the aliens about love, for potential colonization?

I need to get back to watching all the Star Trek on Netflix.
    They haven't really had much outside the galaxy so there is that.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Setting it after Voyager would open up some good opportunities for cameos, too.

I will be sorely disappointed if there are no Picard appearances.

And they'd have to include the destruction of Romulus, right? That was in the movie, but it took place in the original timeline.
    Yeah, it happened in Universe A, so it has to happen at some point.
  • You can change. You can.
    Maybe kind of a reverse DS9. A wormhole or something opens to another galaxy, and the Enterprise-Q or whatever goes through it to explore and teach the aliens about love, for potential colonization?

So..Farscape?
    ^Like Riker and Universe A Kirk. At least it seemed like Universe A Kirk actually had worked by the time they gave him a ship, unlike Universe B Kirk who was FRESH OUT OF THE ACADEMY when they gave him a ship.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I would just like there to be continuity regarding technology.
    I mean Voyager stumbled on lots of amazing technology that I'm sure they could put to good use in later episodes but they never remember.
    Poor Spock though... falling into Universe B like that. If the new series takes place after Romulus Ka-Boomus then we get no Spock cameos.
  • $80+ per session
    I've never been interesting in Star Trek, and this probably won't change.
  • edited 2011-08-26 12:22:03
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Probably not. The iTrek movie surely won't change your mind.
  • "I've never been interesting in Star Trek, and this probably won't change."

Maybe you should bargain for a more prominent role.

• You can change. You can.
    Meh, if that dude who was just an extra and got a whole episode around him didn'tteach you that prominence does not make for depth, then nothing will.