If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Games Spoiling Themselves, try II

edited 2011-08-25 02:02:07 in General
So, an update to the story from the last topic (which got derailed into something about a Zelda MMO, which is why this is a new topic): After reading the wiki for Dragon Age, I discovered that what I assumed would happen to put the Secret Character in your party isn't actually correct.

Which means the game didn't, actually, spoil itself that badly. (Plus I should say this was technically DLC. DLC that came with the game, but still somehow DLC.)

BUT I'M STILL MAD.

Comments

• I kind of felt this way about Persona 4.

It seemed pretty suspicious that there was no S.Link with Adachi.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I thought Batman: Arkham Asylum had spoiled itself by being based on one of the best-selling Graphic Novels of all time but lo and behold it was only superficially related.
  • No rainbow star
    Pokemon Black and White spoils the surprise of N being the king of Team Plasma in the opening sequence
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, I honestly wasn't sure if I was supposed to be surprised about that at all.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    What would an A Serious House on Serious Earth video game even look like, anyhow...?
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    The fact that Aeris gets her ultimate weapon and final Limit Break by Disc 1.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^you standing around while Grant Morrison jabs at you at psychology and spirituality.
    Or the fact that before the last dungeon before the end of disc 1, all of Aeris' equipment and materia are unequiped.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I thought it unequipped because she ran away and left it behind, just like Tifa did when they did that one thing.

Usually if a character just leaves the party, you can still access their gear and check out their stats to avoid the headache of having to reequip them again. Usually. So when a character leaves the party and doesn't take their stuff... you know something is up.

However, I hate it when a character leaves a party forever and takes their stuff with them.

Fire Emblem.

Y U NO GIVE ME SIEGLINDE?
  • @Edge: OH YEAH THAT. I REMEMBER THAT.

I already knew Aeris was going to die so it wasn't a real spoiler BUT STILL.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    I didn't know Aeris was going to die. I played FFVII in 2008. ...Yeah.
  • edited 2011-08-25 12:56:59
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

"Huh? Aeris is gone? Her gear is unequiped? Oh.... no... NOOOOOOOO!!!"

Me too .I played in in like, 2001
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I hated Aeris, I avoided using her as much as I could.
  • HERESY

BURN THE HERETIC

Aeris would just give her flowers to anyone with a giant sword it seems.

Moral Crisis rings a bell.
  • No rainbow star
    ...Uh... Um...

Ocarina of Time spoiled Ganondorf getting the triforce by only having three dungeons before you go to the temple of time?

...;.; I don't play enough games
  • edited 2011-08-25 18:50:42
    a little muffled
    Well, if things like that count, in Golden Sun it's pretty obvious you won't be able to stop the villains from lighting Mercury Lighthouse on account of it being so early. I guess if you didn't know there was a second game it would be reasonable to think you'd stop them at Venus.

Actually, thinking about it, pretty much every game has that kind of thing.

Better one: In Final Fantasy VI you get to choose names for party members as soon as they appear, even if that's ages before they actually join your party. Although I guess that's better than having party members change names when they join, like a certain villain-turned-ally in Chrono Trigger.
  • edited 2011-08-25 19:13:48
    They call me Rate Miser, whatever I see... turns overrated in my eyes...
    An arcade flyer of R-Type has a pic of the final boss inside (Possibly NSFW for showing the infamous second boss). (Though it doesn't say exactly what level each picture is from, you can tell which one is the spoiler)

The video for the Irem Arcade Hits download also spoils R-Type Leo's final boss.
  • Oh, yeah, there's the "party member screen" in VI that came up without fail the first time the party member appeared.

Really, that could've been worse than Dragon Age if VI had had a secret party member. Or, well, a spoiler party member anyway; it does have a secret one but xe's hiding inside a giant snake if I remember correctly.