If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I made roughly $80 dollars this week by buying cards.

edited 2011-08-24 11:54:35 in IJAM
Pony Sleuth
I picked up on a price change on certain cards before the local card shop did, and bought 8 cards for around $10 cheaper than what they were now worth.

Feels pretty badass, and with those cards and the money I saved, I might decide to actually build a deck that would have otherwise been more expensive than I felt comfortable with.

Comments

• Goddamn. did I seriously type $80 dollars?

Maybe I shouldn't post at 10am in the morning.
  • You can change. You can.
    Were they the lands you mentioned in the TvT topic?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I picked up on a price change on certain cards before the local card shop did, and bought 8 cards for around $10 cheaper than what they were now worth.

You did not make $80.

In order to make $80, you have to end up with $80 more than you started off with. Not less.

You did not make $80. You just did not lose a further however much.

• edited 2011-08-24 12:00:15
    You can change. You can.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Wait, that is not correct.

If you had budgeted for those cards, then you did make a gross profit, I think. Or at least lessened your net loss.
  • Well, I think I have the opportunity to sell them online the current market prices.

But I don't think I really need the money that badly and I think their value isn't likely to go down any time soon, so I don't mind that a part of my resources are tied up in cards for the moment.

And yes, they were the lands I mentioned. Five shock lands and three groves.
  • Maybe I shouldn't post at 10am in the morning.
    iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
    Hrm, this thread is making me think of making a general Magic thread.

Y/N?
  • You only made $80 if you sold them back at the regular price. What you did was SAVE $80, big difference.
  • ^Fine.

^^We already have one on the other forum, but I guess I'd post in both.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

what does this even mean or pertain to? what did you see there?
  • edited 2011-08-24 16:32:32
    Saying "$80 dollars" is redundant (since you don't need to have the word "dollars" if you already have a dollar sign), and so in his explanation of why he wrote that, he said "10am in the morning" which is simiilarly redundant.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Oh okay, I never noticed that.
  • edited 2011-08-24 21:45:57
    a little muffled
    I already made a general Magic thread here. Nobody posted in it...

Edit: Observe.

Edit again: Oh, and congrats on the deals and stuff. I need to check out some of the more clueless stores in Toronto when I get back. (Unfortunately none of those are near where I live.)
    ^I've posted.