If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Do the Dango Daikazoku (Interactive CLANNAD Liveblog)

edited 2011-08-24 00:58:15 in Liveblogging
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Comments

• Poot dispenser here
    Aw, the formatting broke. Part of the intro is hidden behind the thread categories.
  • edited 2011-08-24 01:06:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Introduction: The Eyes, Oh God, The Eyes

Hi, I'm Forzare.

You may remember me from my aborted Higurashi liveblog, or as that one guy who won't shut the fuck up about Higurashi.

So, Clannad.  I'm sure most of you here have heard of it.  Essentially, it's a bishoujo dating sim/visual novel from the Japanese company Key Visual arts, where there's like a dozen different girls you can fall in love with, and also a whiny blonde dude who gets punched a lot.

"Hmmm..." You might say, "Key Visual Arts sounds pretty familiar.  What else have they made?"  You probably remember them as the company that releases games with horrible, terrifying inhuman abominations poorly disguised as cute girls.

Those eyes can see forever.

Anyway, Clannad.

Released in 2004, Clannad is one of the few visual novels that doesn't feature any kind of explicit sex, which is good for me, because I don't have to skip scenes or learn how to censor pictures.

THE PROTAGONIST
    Tomoya Okazaki: He's kind of a douche.  He hates his town, and his family, and he always skips school.  What a guy.  No wonder the ladies all fall for him.

THE LOVE INTERESTS

Nagisa Furukawa: The main heroine, and the one with the longest route.  Also, she is the only one with an epilogue (After Story, which was adapted into what I guess is one of the most well regarded anime ever).  She's a bit of a weirdo, and her highest aspiration in life is to restart the school Drama club.

Kyou Fujibayashi:  She's kind of exactly like Kagami from Lucky Star, and her twin sister is basically Tsukasa.  She has a pet pig.  Hers is the only route I've played.

Fuko Ibuki: A first year.  Obssessed with cute things ad starfishes.  She spends all of her time carving wooden starfishes, but is exceedingly bad at it.

Kotomi Ichinose: Quiet.  Shy.  Hangs out in the library and plays violin. 

Tomoyo Sakagami : Her name is one letter off from Tomoya's.  This is not confusing at all.  She's a tomboy who likes to hit people.

Yukine Miyazawa: She hangs out in the reference room, and cooks for any random people that happen to wander in.

And those are our heroines.  This liveblog is going to be interactive, in that each time a choice pops up, I'll pause the post and ask for input.  Whatever choice gets the most votes/best reasons/whatever will be chosen, and we'll see where the story takes us.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    OP is fixed.
  • Name him "Daddy". See how the dialogue ends up.
  • You can change. You can.
    Call her cocks.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You people are so predictabo
  • Fine, call him Yuichi.
    I need a first name and a last name
  • edited 2011-08-23 00:14:21
    You can change. You can.
    ITS OUR VOTE AND I SAY YOU SHOULD CALL HER COCKS MAC BALLS
    THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY, SONNY

THIS IS A DICTATORSHIP THAT TAKES SUGGESTIONS
    I can shoot you over the internet, dude.
    why should i listen to you when you can't even get his gender right
    Because...cocks.
    no
    OK.

How about you call him Doctor and you pretend it's a Doctor fic? :D:D:D
    :l

maybe I should just stick with okazaki tomoya
  • edited 2011-08-23 20:16:11

Prologue: Hearing Voices

I think the MST3K approach is for the best.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    His name should be Boony Bune Boon.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    That art looks horrible. Even Higurashi's art is less terrifying
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^^What Juan says, so long as I can be your Tom Servo.

^Yeah, that's what turned me off. I tried watching an episode for a liveblog but lolno.
  • edited 2011-08-23 07:09:56
    ^^^^ K. I will do that then.

^^ it is the stuff nightmares are made of
    Chapter 1: School Days

• edited 2011-08-23 21:42:40
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "I dunno much about honorifics, but wouldn't -kun be the right one for your son?

Honest question."

Disuse of honorifics towards a certain person implies either that the two are very close, or that the person addressing the honorifics-less person doesn't even respect them enough to use one.

So a father wouldn't use -kun to refer to his son.

I liked the entry. It didn't have quite as many good punchlines as some of the Higurashi entries, but the humor was consistent.
    Oh, okay. 

And yeah, that's kind of how I felt writing it.  Hopefully more good setups will appear once the girls show up.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I actually like the way the diagonally set eyes look. They aren't dropping down, but pointing up from the edges, and it looks mildly cute.
  • edited 2011-08-24 01:04:47
    They aren't that bad in Clannad.  But in Air and Kanon, dear god.