If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJAM: Libyan rebellion

edited 2011-08-22 18:39:48 in General

Reports are now saying Libyan rebel forces are within several miles of downtown Tripoli.

Rumors of Gadafi sightings in Algeria

2 sons of the G-man are reported captured.

Rebels convoys were spotted on the highway to Tripoli shipping massive amounts of (presumably captured) ammunition, and explosions can be heard in Tripoli, but reports say resistance so far has been light.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    Yay! Good for them! :D
  • Didn't the Rebels kill their own commander?
  • ^I know a top rebel leader was assasinated, but I don't know who did it.

The NTC is allegedly a very diverse group, including both pro - US and pro - Al Queda factions.  One analyst is saying the NTC will not survive politically more than a few weeks after victory, but I don't know how true all that is.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Maybe now OTC will recognize the existence of Syria.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    BREAKING NEWS: GADDAFI CAPTURED FOR THE NINTH TIME AFTER BEING KILLED FOR THE SIXTH TIME!
  • FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!!!

/braveheart
  • Well, it's not over yet.

Fox News is reporting they have spoken to Gadafi's son Saif. The reporter says Saif was not captured and says he is still working against the rebellion. He says his father is free, alive, and well somewhere in Tripoli. He also says the rebels have been lured into a trap.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    A trap so full of NTC troops that unless Gadaffi nukes Tripoli it is a lie?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    He also says the rebels have been lured into a trap.

ALLAH ACKBAR
  • Well, considering that the Rebels have Tripoli almost entirely under their control.

Big damn lie.

I hope the get that sob before he can escape though. I doubt he can leave be sea or air, which means that even if he gets out of Tripoli there's still a good chance of intercepting him somewhere else.