If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mai Newfishu

edited 2011-08-17 03:52:34 in Wonderful posts
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
2 Wag Moon Platys (1 fem 1 ma)
4 Guppies (2 females 2 males)

2 guppies were from Petco, the other 4 from Midwest Fish.

Today is August 17th.

I relocated my minnows to a bucket, and will probably donate them to my cousin's aquarium if my new fish work out.

There is usually a 2 week period where, when new fish are introduced to a tank, they will develop ick and die. If in 2 weeks, they are perfectly fine, then I have passed the "make a good aquarium test".

As long as I keep them well fed, and the water clean and 78+ degrees I will have happy fish. :)

Comments

• Good luck Vorpy~~! o u o

I hope your fishies live a long and happy life~. */////*
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    2 guppies have deaded. A blacktail female and a redtail female. I decided to buy more fish medication and more fish.

I bought new ones today while cashing in on Border's unfortunate demise (Where I got the Demon Killing Arc for Higurashi, Scott Pilgrim I + 2, and Death Note 3, 5 and 7.)

2 Pineapple Swordtails, 2 Solar Flare Twinbar Swordtails, 1 Rainbow Blue Platy and 3 Guppies.
  • Good luck. I've got some metaphorical goldfish blood on my hands so I know what it's like to not have things work out.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I have read up more on the ick disease. apparently all fish carry it naturally at times, but normally their slime coat is strong enough to keep them from nesting inside of the fish. If the fishies immune system weakens in any way though (such as being netted too much, stressed out, bad water temperature, bad water quality or starvation) the protozoan parasites can then pierce empty spots in the fish's coat and begin to breed.