If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People marginilising interactions between people and their relationships just because they're online

edited 2011-08-12 17:52:55 in Webspace
It's just sickening to me for some reason it lacks logic behind it I was never able to seperate the two ever. I take them equally as seriously and I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss it "oh it's just someone you met online you obviously couldn't be real friends with them they were just text on a screen". Fuck that. I'm sick of this issue cropping up i'm sick of how people treat it. How is everybody able to be this callus? To regard someone as an unperson just because they have never seen eachothers faces?

Comments

• Glaives are better.
    Think of it this way: the anonymous man I'm sharing my video game ideas with is someone I met on an online anger management forum derived from a website known for its large population of admirers of paedophilic Japanese animation. 
  • so? he's somehow less of a person? some how your connection is to be marginalized?  There's no excuse Hatter.
  • edited 2011-08-12 18:10:52
    Clean your room little Billy
    ^^ Oh! Oh! Is the forum IJBM?
  • Glaives are better.
    On the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
  • same old excuse "oh you can't see the person you don't know them you can't be friends" I'm sick of it I don't know what to do here? I don't get why everybody is so insistent on it. Why can't I have friends online just as well as in meatspace?
  • Glaives are better.

I just don't think that you can know someone online as well as you can know them offline. There are a thousand different kinds of subtle facial and body cues that can tell you more about a person. There are smells, sometimes even tastes that let you know what kind of person you're interacting with. The way they touch you is also important.

Online, you're all on the same level. The only differences between us are our opinions and our writing styles. Online interactions have some advantages, but I think that you have to know someone both online and offline in order to truly understand them.

• that doesn't make any sense so according to your logic I odn't know anyone. I don't look people in the eye because its unnerving. I don't notice facial featurees or body language in the slightest.
  • Glaives are better.

Unless you've got weapons-grade autism you'll notice, even if it's only subconscious. I don't look people in the eyes either - the eyes are the doors to the soul, after all - but I notice the way their eyes move, the way they use their bodies to express themselves. I notice their scent and can know what it tells me.

It just takes training to consciously note those sorts of things. 

• Electric Boogaloo
    This is why police don't interrogate people through IRC.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
  • Geeky Turn On.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > On the internet, no one knows you're a dog.

Unless you tell people you are one, like LouieW did.

Works best when you're an adorable little doggie.
  • Glaives are better.
    I'd be an Irish wolfhound. I hate wolfaboos, have keen sight, need attention after long periods of neglect, and only have a lifespan of 7-12 years in captivity.