If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I can't hate authority

edited 2011-08-10 16:51:58 in General
It's weird, even when I get screwed over, I can't find it in myself to hate people in charge.

Comments

• I have the exact opposite problem. I get all irrationally angry when I see someone exercising their authority, even when they're being entirely reasonable.
  • I'm with Central on this.
  • Hmm, do you mean that you cannot hate  authority no matter what they do, or that you simply do  not hate them "by default" as considered fashionable?
  • Glaives are better.
    I only follow authority if its orders agree with my personal moral system. Otherwise, I'm neutral.
  • I'm this odd mix of being obsessed wiht consistency and a certain level ofneatness but uttelry opposed ot the general order favoring chaos or an alternative order as Gandhi described.
  • This one tends to have  favourable attitude towards authority and  inclination to obey as a default. However, it is not unquestioning. This one's respect is easy to lose, and this one is paranoid enough to  watch out for authority making a  wrong move.
  • While I respect the system, I hate the tools in charge of executing it.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I can't hate authority by default either. When I get a speeding ticket, it was my fault. I hate the situation, but that's how it goes. Of course, I do really wish authority (aka highway patrol, police, state troopers) were around for some of the jackass antics I've seen on the road by other people. But Big Brother can't be everywhere.... or can he?
  • @ Radd

That is disturbing.

Why can't you? Do you feel  that they still had the right, or is there something else?
  • edited 2011-08-11 08:40:46
    Are you eager to blame something else (happenstance, yourself) when something involving authority goes wrong? 'cus I'm like that.
  • ^^ Pretty much.

^ Yep.
  • edited 2011-08-11 12:44:57
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^This.

Even when I do blame authority and only authority, I don't go all "WE MUST TOPPLE THIS INJUSTICE! FOR THE REVOLUTION!" and instead try to change it from the inside. Mainly because, I really hate that sort of anarchist rhetoric.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
  • ^I don't get it.