If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Longhaired Man thread

edited 2011-08-10 08:15:53 in Meatspace
Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

I am a long haired man. I haven't had a real haircut since 2006. My hair is medium brown, thick, and slightly wavy.

My excuse for my long hair used to be, "I'm building something." Then, my wife (then fiancee) and I went to see Evan Almighty and that's what his excuse was for his Noah Mode Change. We burst out laughing.

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I am a long haired man. I haven't had a real haircut since 2009. My hair is ash blonde to medium blonde depending on the season, thick and slightly wavy.

My excuse for having long hair is twofold; I guess you'd call me a rocker or a metalhead and I have a penchant for slight medievalism. Without my glasses, I could make a pretty passable knight. Plus, I have the matching beard and 'stache. 
  • edited 2011-08-10 08:37:22
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I have a beard a mustache as well. It improves my looks by about 45%. Long hair can be difficult but I like it and my wife loves it. Plus, my cosplaying options are pretty decent. David Xanatos, from Disney's Gargoyles, while easily confused for just being dressed regularly at a con is probably one of my favorites.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    There's a lack of bespectacled longhair males in media, so I can't really cosplay anyone. 

One of these days I gotta go LARPing, though; the issue with doing swordsmanship as a martial art is that, unlike a real knight, you don't get to cut your way through masses of poorly-trained swine. I think LARPing could really fix that for me. 
  • I'm medium-long haired, dark blonde, ringbeard. Recently had it cut a tad shorter because of dead ends. Looked a tad better since my hair is somewhat curly at this length.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I need to get my ends cut sometime soon.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I don't like getting haircuts, but my hair grows in such a way that if I let it get long, it just kinda becomes the world's messiest afro, so I cut it anyway.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I hate it when my mom or anyone from the church I used to attend, in my Christian days, tell me I should give my hair to Locks of Love. All I can think is "Fuck Locks of Love!"