If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: Dogs...

edited 2011-08-06 18:41:58 in IJBM meta
...while awesome pets, never live long enough.

Topic inspired by poem I wrote for a friend who's dog died at 17 years old.

The leash hangs on its hook, a lonely line,
Though useless now, it served me very well.
To keep it up and thus create a shrine?
To throw it out, complying with the knell?
The death knell doesn’t toll for a dead hound
Who gave into ravages of old age
But god! A better dog could not be found
Or deserve more to have his pain assuaged.
If man’s best friend should always leave so soon
No matter how much joy to life they brought
If even they to time are not immune
Then does it matter how bravely they fought?
-But times heals all, and dogs, while man’s best friend
-Are one of those good things that always end.

Comments

• edited 2011-08-06 18:50:31
    Loser

I do not have much else to add but this.

I guess someone could say that you can still remember a dog for a long time or that you could have a number of dogs in your lifetime and thus be better for having had those experiences. I am not sure that really makes up for a pet dying though.
  • You can change. You can.
    Yeah, it's sad they diie so young. But they're still good company and that's what matters.
  • Yeah...I don't regret having my two dogs that died, but I wish they could have lived longer, or at least had a way to die with more dignity? I mean...it's not like they're cruel when they're put down...but my friend said he was really bothered with how his dog's eyes were still open when he died, so he didn't look like he was resting.