If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

North American Libertarianism

edited 2011-08-04 18:13:25 in Politics
I get the feeling I'd at least appreciate it more if the majority of libertarians I encountered weren't corporate shills or narcissistic Internet denizens.

Comments

• Glaives are better.
    The same could be said of liberals and conservatives.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Visit Fark.com. Go to the politics tab. Click on a comments section with 100+ comments.

Conglaturation! Now you can hate all of the political spectrum!
  • Actually, I'd like to understand right-libertarianism better, not have it muddled by bullshit like global warming denialism and a religious faith in laissez-faire capitalism.
  • edited 2011-08-04 21:03:49
    Electric Boogaloo
    The way I see it, since I can probably label myself as a Libertarian more than anything else, a government should be as small or least controlling as possible while still being able to provide the necessary social services, military protection, and infrastructure needed to keep the country safe, secure, and to a point, prospering. If you need to expand it in order to fit these requirements, it's okay to do so. If you don't need to, it's not.

The problem therein lies with the fact that everybody has different ideas of how safe/secure/prospering the country is at any given point, so it just becomes a clusterfuck of RUINEDFOREVER shouting and bullshit where nothing gets done, or nothing gets done without getting fucked up.
  • I am a libertarian because I understand nothing, but I don't want the government to take away my right to piss in the water supply and shoot things for fun.

/Strawman
  • dude what the hell? basically we take free market economics and cultural liberalism we think life liberty and property are not to be tampered with. can you actually read stuff by Locke, Rothbard, and Spooner some time?