If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Ńěőń Ğěńėşĭş Ęṽḁńĝĕłĩŏń

edited 2011-08-01 20:35:49 in Liveblogging
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
Title was done on purpose because Character Map was open.
-disables the do the research feature-
Neon Genesis Evangelion was an anime that I have heard many good and bad things about, one of the most popular, and from what I've read, controversial animes there are out there as of far. It has been dubbed as a

I have had the benefit of being able to obtain this series without having it completely spoiled for me. It was the series I strived as hard as I could to avoid spoilers for, since due to the introduction of the anime fandom and TV Tropes itself, I found out a lot of things on other animes that pretty much erased all of the possible mystery and suspense behind them, and I knew who would die, who would win and what would happen before I got the opportunity to find it out myself, some of them being Death Note and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Spoilers thus far:
There are hundreds of clones of Rei
Congratulations appears at the end, not sure why yet though, could be because everyone wins.
Asuka dies horribly somehow?

That's about it so far. Let it be known that I am watching the dubbed version (cue groans) because from what I know, there is going to be a lot of things to watch and I don't want to be distracted reading everything and instead listen to it.

Now lets get to the interesting part, shall we?

I shall explain what happens in the episode I am watching, and what I think about it. That's how liveblogs work, right? Just be warned though, that reading this while also not having watched NGE might spoil the experience for you. And this Liveblog is known to the state of California to cause cancer.

QUICK LINKS
Episode One - Angel Attack

Comments

• I look forward to it.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Lets hope it's more entertaining than my liveblog of it, which is now lost like tears in rain.
  • You can change. You can.
    Actually, the dub is whildy beloved. Except for "EVER SINGLE MISSILE HIT THE TARGET", that is.
  • edited 2011-08-06 22:35:09
    EPISODE 01 - ANGEL ATTACK

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh wow, this liveblog is extremely detailed.

I am enjoying it already.

Fridge Logic: Why would someone supposedly that attractive need to make such a big point of it?  Either Misato has a bit too much about sex appeal on her mind, or she is specifically trying to lure what she expects (somewhat rightfully so) to be a very unwilling person to come pilot the darn thing.

It also turns out that we should not really try to make sense of why the circumstances have conspired to make such a perfect storm that this creature would appear now and Shinji would be forced in multiple ways by circumstance to be the main character and pilot of an evangelion.

(I hope that last bit doesn't count as a spoiler.  It's pretty much You Should Know This Already by now, if that series poster picture of Shinji in a latex space flight suit didn't give it away.)
    Fridge Logic: Why would someone supposedly that attractive need to make such a big point of it? Either Misato has a bit too much about sex appeal on her mind, or she is specifically trying to lure what she expects (somewhat rightfully so) to be a very unwilling person to come pilot the darn thing.

I'd say that insecurity is involved in there, as well as what you've mentioned.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    If I can read it on the back of the DVD (which I can) then it's probably not a spoiler.
    Scratch that. If it's the very premise of the show, then it's not a spoiler.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^^Plus hints at an Elektra complex...

man, that show is weird.
    Wait, since when is Misato Shinji's daughter?
  • edited 2011-08-01 20:34:51
    Deported to above post.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) CHARACTER LIMIT, Y U NO LET ME FINISH EVAL IN ONE POST?
    Should I raise it to something higher than 9001?
  • Is this still the first episode?
    I finished the first episode.
    14000 would be nice. Since In need 6000 or so more characters.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Should I raise it to something higher than 9001?

Heh, nice easter egg. 
  • They're somethin' else.
    Yup, much better than my liveblog. Mine was an affectionate MST.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I would do a Chargeman Ken liveblog,but I won't for two reasons.

1-I'm lazy as fuck
    Deux-There are only like 5 subbed episodes on youtube
    Oh, I see, you actually edited the post to update it, rather than using different posts.  I'll look into changing the character limit.
    ...should I continue editting my posts so it's one giant list of things, or should I make individual posts for each part of the show I am watching? I like the block part more but people tend to have better updating if it's post by post.
    I think it should be a new post per episode deal.
  • edited 2011-08-01 20:34:38
    I like this liveblog so far.  It's very detailed and full of screenshots.  This is good.

Unfortunately, I don't want this show spoilered for me any more than it already has been through other sources... :c

SOOOOOOOOO I will not read any more of your liveblog until after I (start and) finish watching this show.
  • edited 2011-08-13 13:27:36
    EPISODE 02 - THE BEAST

Welcome to the 2nd Episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion. As of far, we have encountered a few of the main characters in the story. Shinji Ikari is the main character of the story, a boy who was imported from his original home by his father in order to pilot the Synthetic battle unit Evangelion. Gendo Ikari is in charge of the organization called NERV, which is dedicated to fighting off colossal beings known as angels who cause rampant destruction everywhere they go. Rei is the current out-of-comission ex-pilot of the Evangelion. Ritsuko is a scientist who works with Misato, and they manage the actions and systems of the Evangelion unit. Misato also has purple hair, that should be noted, because it is very important.

edit: damn it
    I think Misato's purple hair is more like a colorful reflection of black.
    Misato is pretty much the pimp of the bitch that is NERV.
  • Too much detail. Not enuff comedy.