If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

GameMaker

edited 2011-07-29 11:26:56 in Webspace
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
90% of the time, games made by this DON'T WORK. Sometimes people have all the luck in the world. Other times, "AN UNEXPECTED ERROR HAS OCCURRED".

-wimper-

There is a whole slew of games that would love to play, if only this mysterious error would never again be seen.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I remember I made a very nice game in GameMaker, the only thing I wish I could have done was fix the pop up messages and had more RAM to run it.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I have a friend who uses Multimedia Fusion.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Actually, I think there is a program file that is required to play GameMaker games. In my Sonic fangame days, this was such an issue, a lot of fangames had an readme about it. In fact, it was one of the most commonly asked questions on the forum. But I can't for the life of me remember what that file was. If you look, I'm sure you could find answers.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Not AFAIK. I don't believe Iji needed a specific file, for example.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I could indeed play Iji. I can also play cave story, although I'm not sure if that is also GM.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I don't think Cave Story was made in GM.
  • Cave Story was made from scratch.

Also, Multimedia Fusion is worse about not playing properly.
  • If I'm not mistaken, part of the reason Game Maker games don't always play on some computers is because it requires some .dll files to be installed, that people don't normally have on their computer.  Sometimes, when people release a game, they'll include the .dlls in the directory of the game, and so it'll work fine, but some people just expect you to already have them.  Though I'm not totally sure that's the case.

Still, it might be worth checking to see if Iji or any other GM game that works has a bunch of .dll files in its folder.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Checking Iji for dlls sounds like a good idea.