If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"I was just joking"

edited 2011-07-22 19:50:42 in General
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
Why does no one realize what an infinitely shitty excuse this is?

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

There are plenty of reasons that are acceptable to justify joking and plenty of wrong ones. Such as breaking the rules or intentionally harassing people, which are bad excuses to use this, but with poking fun at friends with fibs, or trapdoor trolling people or even just simple "you think I'm fucking joking?" reels, it can help ease the tension of said joke.
  • -Friend rapes your sister to death-
    You:OH GOD! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!

Friend: I was just joking!

....Wicked is right.
    -Friend rapes your sister to death-

GOOSH GOOSH

GOOSH GOOSH

GOOSH GOOSH
  • You can change. You can.
    Context blah blah different sense of humor blah blah you're exaggerating blah blah using rape as an example is stupid and so much of a strawman that a fucking scarecrow would look at it and go "Whoa, not even I have so many straws"
    -gives juan a cookie-
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    >make very innocent joke about priests
    >Girl in class starts flipping her shit
    >What the hell
    >They tell me her parents are Religion teachers
    >I didn't know
    >I don't even have anything against priests
    >Tell her that it was just a joke
    >Won't listen, too busy being a bitch
    >Feel like shit the rest of the day

Then I realized she hated me and would basically use any excuse to make me look bad, so I stopped giving a fuck
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    To be honest, I can't think of anyone situation where telling someone who you're intentionally annoying that you're just joking, and then continuing as if this was supposed to completely stop them from being is justified.
    -gives juan a cookie-

-sniffs cookie, ask a friend to bite it first to check for poison-

-friend dies-

Oh well, wha cha ganna do.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Where a friend of yours accidentally takes a joke seriously and gets mad?
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Maybe "I'm sorry" would've been better?
    >meets a girl at church
    >asks her to come to the backroom
    >she feels nervous
    >assure her nothing bad will happen
    >get in the confession booth
    >undo her shirt a bit
    >she pulls it over her head
    >we make out slowly
    >I put my fingers in her panties
    >she begins to moan
    >I get forcefully awoken from my safety place
    >the priest pulls his pants back up
    >I lay on the floor
    >he says "IM JUS KIDDIIIIIING!"
    >confetti everywhere
    >I laugh.
  • edited 2011-07-22 20:15:42
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    > i put my hair into a ponytail
    >he sticks his fingers into my butt
    To be honest, I can't think of anyone situation where telling someone who you're intentionally annoying that you're just joking, and then continuing as if this was supposed to completely stop them from being is justified.

Normally, you do that kind of stuff to someone with at least a capability of not taking stuff to close to heart.
    No, you do it to the person who looks the least suspecting/capable of fighting back so that they get even angrier for your amusement, and leaving them incapable of doing anything about it.
    No, you do it to the person who looks the least suspecting/capable of fighting back so that they get even angrier for your amusement, and leaving them incapable of doing anything about it.

...yeah, i think we're talking about two different things here.
  • No, the best solution would be to apologize and ask them why they are so upset, in the hope that you can pry away so personal info to gossip about/tease the person relentlessly with.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    So... is this a joke thread?
    ^ No, it just turned into one really quickly.
    I was just joking. 
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Oh, so you're pulling a Parody Retcon now are ya? I see how you are!