If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Cooking

edited 2011-07-22 11:35:23 in Meatspace
Diet NEET

Pasta day every day starts to get too formulaic. As a means to inspire, what does IJBM cook for itself?

Comments

• I...can make eggs.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

I rarely cook for myself. My wife is very domestic in that regard though. She made delicious corn-breaded fried chicken last night.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I cook pretty basic stuff. Eggs, stir-fries, anything in a box. Though I really would like to know how to do more.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I make a mean traditional schnitzel.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    sandwiches... hot dogs... baked chicken...

• You can change. You can.
    I...can make eggs.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I really ought to learn to cook, especially given that I have food allergies.
  • I can do barbecues and some stuff in a plow disc cooker.

Mostly meat, though.
    ^Actual Barbeque or Grilling?
  • What's the difference?
    One of them tastes good and the other one tastes...

good too, I guess?
  • I'LL STAY MAI HAUNDS...WITH YAU BLAHT
    I can make all kinds of stuff! If you're lucky enough to live in an area with avocado, mash some up, spread it on a piece of bread, sprinkle cheese on top and jam it in the oven/toaster oven/microwave.
    >What's the difference?

Twitch*

Barbequing is cooking meat under very low heat for long periods of time usually using aromatic wood or occasionally charcoal as fuel. Grilling is cooking meat or other things at high heat over a metal tray (aka a grill) for a relatively short amount of time, using either wood, charcoal, or propane as fuel.
  • I assumed that's what you meant, but wikipedia lists grilling as a broader term, which encompasses barbecuing.

In any case, actual barbecue it is.
    HERE-wait. Yeah that's okay. Carry on.
    Barbecues: SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS, YO
  • edited 2011-07-22 13:35:27
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    It really is. No joke. Who's Barbeque style is the best is a flame war that's predated the internet by several decades.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Italian meatloaf... now that is delicious!
  • edited 2011-07-22 13:39:00
    Kichigai birthday!!
    I know how to make Spanish Omelette, all kinds of meat done in a frying pan,pasta,and a bit more

Oh,and tiramisu

Also, my lifetime goal is learn to make rainbow cake
  • I can make cookies, brownies, and cake best. :D I can crack eggs into the bowl with one hand!

But for actual like dinner I can make chicken pot pie and also shephard's pie if I'm feeling adventurous.
  • edited 2011-07-22 17:03:52
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I can bake all sorts (cakes, pies, breads etc)
    I can cook all sorts(lasagne, spaghettis, various sauces with various meats etc) but prefer pasta dishes, and don't really care for much with rice in it.
  • I nick recipes from the people who cook at the frat from time to time. Banana in chocolate sauce is easy to make but very tasty.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    I know how to fry chicken, make burgers and cook store-bought french fries.

I also know how to make brownies.