If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Avatar and how the humans solve the issue

edited 2011-02-20 00:35:39 in Media
No rainbow star
Did it occur to ANY of them to, well, DRILL under the tree?

If anything, the Na'vi would be freaked out by the noise and flee. I HIGHLY doubt that they would go, "What is making that noise?" and dig down when there are things like dragon-like animals flying all over the place

Tree collapses later? Oh well, the sound is obviously an omen, and they must clear out whenever they hear it underneath them!

Alright, fine, the higher up is a complete idiot, I'll grant the movie that. But then that brings up another solution!

Scientist: "Hey, why not get Jake to ask them if we can bury under, explaining that it won't hurt anything? Oh, and before you scrap it, we could ask them to guide us around the roots and use it as publicity! 'Big company works together with Pandora Natives! We do not harm the people, unlike the other companies!'"

If they are trying things at first such as bribes, education, etc., then I'm sure that the humans on Earth would approve of it, and would start supporting the company

EDIT: I realize that the movie is more of an excuse plot to show off the graphics, but it still bugs me

Comments

• >implying Ava-

"I realize that the movie is more of an excuse plot to show off the graphics, but it still bugs me"

Okay, nevermind then.
  • ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE PANDORA?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Jake apparently was

...Well, while forgetting that the people will likely come back in bigger numbers with more artillery